Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-22-2002, 08:26 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love garage sales

I love going to yard sales. I can't wait till the weather gets warm and people start having them. I always find lots of good bargains and lots of good clothes for the kids. This saves me a fortune.
Old 06-25-2002, 04:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I love garage sales/yard sales as well the only downfall on this for my family and I

I love garage sales/yard sales as well the only downfall on this for my family and I is usually when the good garage sales/yard sales are going on we are out of money so we don't go because we know we will want to buy and we don't have any money left over from paying bills and groceries!!
I think I will have to set aside some money just for garage sales/yard sales /flea markets/ jockey lots!!

My FC Member Awards!
<HR width="95%" color=green height="3">

Hey, I won!
Old 06-25-2002, 04:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

CAMmomof2, Thats my problem. I can't even find the $$ when I know there is a good sale. I started using the jar system. Everytime I take back soda cans for recycling I put that money in the can and use that.

Sue
Old 07-20-2002, 09:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi...I'm new and this is my first post! Figures it would be in a garage sale thread!! LOL!! I love bargins and I've bought some great things at garage sales over the years.
I love having them also. The idea of somebody paying me to take away my "junk" always thrills me!! LOL
Old 08-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm a yardsale fanatic!!! I love looking in the "free" boxes. The last time my hubby and I went shopping, he found a free box with lots of coffee cups. I couldn't believe that he went and asked if he could take the whole box!! They were glad to get rid of them but what are we going to do with like 30 coffee cups? My parents think that we should have our own yardsale with all the free stuff we get. LOL
Old 08-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I love yard sales too but it seems so hard to enjoy them these days tugging along 2 kids and my DH---they enjoy them too so I really cant ask them not to go.

I have given them up for a while. It saves my sanity, lol!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Assistant Moderator

We are having a garage sale 16th sept. We have to have it before summer sports start again on saturday mornings, as here early sat mornings are the best time 6am, as people drop in before they go to work. I've noticed you sell half of your items in the first 2hours and the rest just peters out durnig the day.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Our small town here in Indiana has an annual round-the town yard sale event on Labor Day Weekend.
People come from all over,so you can imagine the crowds,not to mention the traffic jams.
Can't Wait!

Connie in Indiana
Old 09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Im with you all
I love yard sales garage sales. You just never know what you may find.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
Haley's grandmom

I also love garage sales. I go crazy if I can find good crafting supplies. I have a feeling by the way this computer is acting I may be looking for one of those.