FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Trash to Treasure (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/trash-treasure/)
-   -   Garage Sales Anyone? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/trash-treasure/4436-garage-sales-anyone.html)

PrairieRose 05-02-2002 09:54 PM

Garage Sales Anyone?

Ok girls I thought it might be fun to fess up and admit whether or not you are a garage sale finatic like myself...........? If so how about if we list our finds here and we can rave and/or vent about our adventures in garage saling. The sales really kick off here tomorrow so when I get home from my trek I'll post any finds. Anyone else?

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^
I'M SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

ajrsmom 05-03-2002 04:21 AM

Im in !! ^^ ^^ I love to go to any kind of sale !! So far, I havent found anything too exciting to even brag about......one toy stethescope for my son and 3 Barney book all for a whopping 35 cents LOL !!!

There are a couple of big ones tomorrow so I plan on sneaking out of here and hitting them.....cant wait !!

Ive done better roadside shopping this year ! ;-) :-D

Good Luck to you !! :daisy:

Mom2twoboyz 05-03-2002 04:38 AM

^^ I'm in ^^

CAGmomof2 05-03-2002 10:18 AM

Count me in as well on the Garage/Yard Sales!!

Count me in as well on the Garage/Yard Sales!! :)

BellasMom 05-03-2002 10:50 AM

^^ I am so in!^^

BellasMom 05-03-2002 01:25 PM

I SCORED!

I went out to run an errand, and right next door to where I was going, was, you guessed it, a garage sale.
I got:
a dozen old spools(the big ones) of thread- $1.00
3 Tae Bo videos ( I always wanted them) - $1.00 each
John Denver Box set- 4 CD- $6.00
Woo-Hoo.. can't wait til tommorrow!

PrairieRose 05-03-2002 03:31 PM

No big scores for me.....

I spent the whole afternoon and only found a very few things.

1 macrame' purse (retro but very cool) $1
1 jar full of marbles (thought I might get one cool one for my marble ring out of it...don't know yet if they will fit or not) .50
4 pkg. of 4 rolls ea. calculator paper $1 (total)
4 new spray bottles for homemade cleaners (been needing these!) $1 total.
plastic colander (for dd housekeeping setup for college apt.) . 25
new lint brush .25 (ditto)

Total spent $3.50
Pleasure points (on a scale of 1-10) 6.5 (the sales were the pits!, very discouraging indeed).
I am glad that I went though.

NEXT!

:)

TarainNC 05-03-2002 06:34 PM

last weekend's treasures

I found several things last weekend and I'm getting warmed up for tomorrow, just thinking about it.
Last week I found two beautiful little girl dresses for DD by Rare Editions- $1 each
A pair very cool candle holders-$3
An old chandeleir (sp?)- $15

I plan to take the fixture apart and make some "shabby chic "candle holders. My dd age 8 and I saw the idea on HGTV last week. Did anyone else see this?

She also got some deals with her own money
Jar of buttons- .25
Big box of crayons and coloring books-$1

EMMJEAN 05-03-2002 09:16 PM

well i wont be going out to any tomarrow.
i'm having one.but i will be out next sat..more then likely to spend what i made at my yard sale.
good hunting everyone.

Renee 05-03-2002 09:23 PM

Last week I got a brand new copy of the book, "your Money or Your Life" for .25:-D