Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Happy face I love thrift stores!

I love going to thrift stores for my household needs as well as decorations for holidays. Does anyone else do the same thing?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I LOVE thrift store shopping!! I have found so many things at thrift stores from clothes for my kids, to household things, to bake ware, to DIY projects ....and on and on!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Assistant Moderator

Love thrift stores!!
Old 12-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I, too, love thrift stores! When my sister come to town, we go on a "mission" at the local thrift stores and see who can come up with the best find of the day! Lots of fun and we always find all kinds of goodies. We did a "sisters' trip this summer, the three of us and my sister's two girls. We stopped at a thrift store up north looking for deals. We had so much fun. Everyone had to buy something, no slackers, and then we had to decide who found the best deal. I have found some great items at our local ones, and we continue to shop there often.

Lizajane
Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oooooh! thrift stores, my favorites.

Blessings,
Dawn

Old 12-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like thrift stores too. It is amazing what you can find in thrift stores, from name brand clothing cheap to nice coats, scarfs, scarves, belts, anything you can think of. Even found an electric typewriter for my daughter who is in high school. So she uses it in her room to type at papers and such. As you can still get the ribbons for them online. She likes it and it only cost $5 and it looks like new. She was so excited when we gave it to her for her birthday as well as some other gifts. also it is porable and so she can use it anywhere in the house. I still recall having an electric typewriter when I was in high school. So that is kind of neat too. Much cheaper to buy the ribbons for it than ink for a printer too. Also I recently found a ceramic country church tea light holder and I love it. Only paid $1, 25 for it at a local thrift store. It made my day as I love buying ceramic pieces and I love candlers and candle lit items. Going to light it at night as Christmas approaches. Can't wait to see it lit up for Christmas. I guess I am an old thrift store and yard/garage saler from way back. As when I was a teenager I loved going to the thrift store with my Mom and saving money on great items, from clothes to everything else. I still like a good thrift store, yard sale or a flea market even that has lots of booths and great prices on items. Found a wallet with my Dad's intials on it for him for Christmas. I was so happy about that find it was a great price at a flea market and in new condition, it also has a matching intial key ring too. I know he will like it. Anyway, I like a good deal on items, love thrift stores. Also like dollar stores too, the ones with everything a dollar, like Dollar Tree and such.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

As a matter of fact, a cousin and I are planning a girls day out this week going to hit some thrift stores. You just never know what you may find.
In the summer time we hit the yard sales.
We have found some really nice stuff.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I've gotten 4 formal gowns for my daughter at thrifts store,the most expensed dress was sixty dollars & the cheapest was five dollars.All of the dresses looked like new.If she goes to her prom this year we will go back to the thrift stores & check out the dresses.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I just bought a little white flower girl dress (looks like a mini version of a wedding dress) for my daughter to dress up and play in. It was only $2.50.

I haven't been hitting the thrift stores like I did before Christmas. I want to clean out some of the clutter before doing that again.

I have so much fun searching for "gems", though! That some great deals on your daughter's gowns. Good luck on the next search!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 AM

I too love the thrift stores.

I went yesterday and found brand new rolls of wall paper some border ones were 30 cents a piece, the large rolls were 90 cents. As some of you know I make soaps and I usually hand stamp kraft paper for my soap wrappers but I get a little bored and wanted to jazz it up a bit. I found beautiful country blue with small flowers and butterflies print 2 rolls at 90 cents each for my flowery scents like the Confederate Jasmine. I'll be looking for something with a pretty lavender flowered color for my Lavender soaps, you get the idea. At our store in Logan I have one bookshelf that is exclusively soaps so I can put a row of each scent with the pretty paper and not be too "off" on the color coordination. The new store they are all on one big long shelf so I'll have to be more careful about coordinating colors but for the price, it couldn't be beat!

I also found a old style hand mixer, you know the ones that you crank the handle like probably now our grandmothers used, LOL! It was 90 cents as well. I won't use it often but if we have a power failure it's a handy tool to have on hand as I made dh's tomato juice from tomato paste... I experimented last night and it worked out just great. So he won't miss out on his daily juice if we loose power.

I also buy all my books at the thrift store, they range for paperbacks 90 cents to hard backs most are $1.91 some are $2.99.

Anna