FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Trash to Treasure (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/trash-treasure/)
-   -   reuse envelopes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/trash-treasure/24040-reuse-envelopes.html)

Sandy1970 10-12-2008 09:34 AM

reuse envelopes

I reuse envelopes by just turning the used one inside out & taping it back. That way the back is showing & I just address it like you normally would. LOLOL
Sandy1970

mom 11-11-2008 10:59 AM

good idea on the reuse of envelopes. Maybe you could also just put a white label over the writing on the front and than just write your new address.

My hubby and I reuse bubble envelopes. Just trim the jagged edge and use packing tape to re-close. Also use white labels over old address.

You could make your own envelopes by using things like old calendars or road maps.

Blessings,
Dawn
:smilll:

janet 11-14-2008 07:18 AM

I reuse old envelopes too!

I make envelopes out of old calender's and recently I made some out of a Nordstrom Catalog...they turned out cute..an envie with shoes, watches, purses on them.
So nice to see girly things, on envies. ha ha ha

I have used heavy wrapping paper for envies, and posters too.

And of course, you can use brown paper sacks.

A word of caution...just make sure your envie has enough postage on them..for homemade envies can weigh more than ones you buy..
and NEVER make a true square one...more postage to mail that.

:phonecat: Janet

Pag36 11-14-2008 07:41 AM

Thanks Janet did not realize that "square" envies cost more to mail. But you are right about the weight of paper used.
I reuse bubble envies all the time so does my daughter mailing out her jewelry or beads etc someone has bought off her site.
I have always used paper grocery bags to wrap pkgs to mail.

KSJEn6891 11-14-2008 11:20 AM

reuse of envelopes

Sometimes I will reuse blank envelopes to send my mail out - esp window envelopes for bills I pay online. Other times I'll make a preaddressed label and stick it to the fron of the printed envelopes. Other times (like another member posted), I will turn them inside out and retape/glue to use (same with some postal boxes).
Some envelopes are really pretty and are used as wrapping paper for small gifts (sprayed/soaked in scents); scent strips for packing gifts, and/or wrapping for candles (packing holiday candles, gift candles, etc).

Gardenlady3 11-14-2008 02:21 PM

I have used envelops that I got with bills/mail in the bank nightdrop, in utility nightdrop & for keeping my coupons & list at the grocery store.

Gloria

Bilby 11-14-2008 02:46 PM

Padded ones yes, the normal letter envelope I use for note paper, but otherwise not much.
If it's not written on then absolutely and I make a card to fit.

Lisa Berry 11-19-2008 12:34 PM

:dink: Our family saves envelopes to use as grocery lists, honey do lists, shopping lists, night deposit envelopes or any phone messages. Stamps are removed and saved for disabled veterans hospital and remaining envelopes shredded w/other papers and given to dairy farmer for bedding.