Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Assistant Moderator

little or no cost decorating, what have you done lately?

Let's share our neat ideas!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Assistant Moderator

My latest was to take the 4 frames off the walls (hung in a row) taken the pics out and put others in. Also I made some new cushions out of a piece of fabric I found that I'd bought ages ago.
New valance frill for our ensuite bathroom from a cheap pillow case.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Assistant Moderator

using baskets to hold washclothes for the girls's bathroom.
old crockpot to hold flower vase in kitchen

for the girls room, I hung up huge balloons that was given to the girls in the past for bday's and hung them on the wall, in a corner that was a library unit in thier room. It made it look really cute.

Old cowboy boot to hold a skinny flower vase with bluebonnets, then put a red banana scarf around the bottom of the boot.

there so many ideas to use when you love coutry/western style of decoration. LOL
Old 03-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Assistant Moderator

I painted my Pampered Chef wooden spoon organizer black to match the kitchen. It looks great! I need to make some new covers for my couch pillows. I am rearranging the living room and dining room.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Since we've moved, I've been spending a lot (more) time in thrift stores, on Craig's List and on Freecycle.

I've recently bought a used file cabinet for $8. and painted it silver to match the legs on our computer desk. It looks good now and serves it's purpose.

A few days ago I bought to really old patio chairs to redo. They are a work in progress that are coming along nicely. Now I'm looking for a small table to go with them.

I have a cabinet that my grandmother gave to me almost 13 yrs. ago. I've had it in storage for 4 yrs. I've decided that it's getting a coat of blue paint to match my living room.

For our bedroom, I bought a 3-way lamp and lamp shade at 2 different thrift stores and put them together. It looks great and cost less than $4.00 for the whole thing.

I'm using some of my coffee mugs to plant flowers in. I have a lot of mugs that I've picked up because they were different or I liked the sayings on them...etc.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

After having a couple of kids move out of the hosue, I was in need of a bed and a decent guest room for them to stay in when they came home to visit. I bought a bedroom set at an auction very reasonable. Unfortunately it was 1960's blonde finish and not very attractive. I bought a water based enamale paint in a chocolate brown and painted the bed and two dressers. I sprayed the hardware that came with the dressers with a fresh coat of a flat silver paint. I purchased a Bed in a Bag at a discount store that looks very nice with the new dark paint. I used some of the leftover paint to re-paint an old end table and used it as a night stand next to the bed. It is a very attractive looking set now and cost a fraction of what new set would have been.

Last edited by Joy; 05-29-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I painted my old flower pots that sit outside all summer. They look really nice. The paint was cheap.

Charlotte
Old 05-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I painted a wooden butterfly as close to a Monarch butterfly with a small saying on the back, I bought a Butterfly garden pick from a seconds store (Dollar tree, Tuesday Morning, etc), and placed them in a floral bag which I decorated with scrapbook butterflies... it was a gift for one of my sorority sisters (her secret sister gift).
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 05-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Nine Year Member

DD1 curb shopped the neighbor girls bedroom assessories that had been set out for trash. She got curtains, bed chair pillow, two squishy pillows, poster, and a folding chair.

Roberta
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sounds like your daughter did well curb shopping