Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I hit the jackpot today!

I am doing the happy dance today! For 3 weeks I have been looking for used folding closet doors to make a screen to go in front of my computer to hide the cords--we have the desk turn around backwards so that we are looking into the room and no one is staring at our backs. I have been searching on Craigslist , Freecycle and some Yahoo yard sale groups but the cheapest deal I could find was 2 sets for $15. I actually drove 15 miles to a lady's house to buy the $15. ones but when I got there, she left me a note saying that she decided to run errands in the mean time and for me to call her! I was so mad that I could've screamed because we had set up this specific time for me to be there. I didnt wait for her to get home and I didnt have my cell phone on me either to call her. Anyway.....to make a long story short, we were on our way to WalMart this morning and all of a sudden my husband does a U-turn. I asked him what the problem was and he pulled up to this pile of doors! There were 6 sets of wooden, folding doors laying out for the garbage!! We got 3 sets and brought them home!

I need to buy hinges for the doors and have decided to do a denim blue color wash over the white paint and then a crackle finish to top it off.

The little things in life make me so happy sometimes!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Great find, Tami!
Can you post a pic when the job is done?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Yes I will!

I doubt that I will have a chance to get to work on them before next weekend. My DH is working his days off this week, preparing for "he*l" week--he has to work a week of daylight hours for training next week. If I have any patience left at the end of next week, I might starting working on them. I have decided to cut about 1 ft. off of them to make them a little shorter. This way, it wont feel as though we are trapped in this little space while looking at the computer. This is where I will need my DH's help, otherwise I would just do it myself.

I have kitty pics, window pics and new screen pics to post now....if I can figure out why my camera and computer weren't jiving last night.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Way to go Tami! You are so much nicer than I am. I would have left the woman a note telling her that I would call her, but I could not find the phone in her yard in which to call her. Aren't I awful? lol

Does it feel great to find something so wonderful? Can't wait to see pictures of everything.