Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I agree with all of you. ...he wants to wear big boy pants... sounds like he's ready for Toilet training...

Buy a bag of cheap fruit loops that come in bags.. and keep a container in the bath room..... when you teach him to stand up to urinate, throw a few in the toilet bowl and make a game of it...let him aim for the fruit loops! ....

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 09-08-2003, 04:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

A friend of mine used to duct tape the diaper to a t-shirt so her daughter wouldn't take it off at night and finger paint the walls with.........
Old 09-08-2003, 09:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Little man tearing diaper off!

I think you have a wise young man there. At 2 years old, his urine is stronger and he is on the same food as adults generally.

Having the burning of the urine on his skin and perhaps the discomfort of his bowel movement , he is rescuing his young bottom from a really uncomfortable diaper.

If you can start his toilet training right away and be very positive about each victory, he will be trained at his very young age and you will be a very happy Mom.

If you want help training him to use his potty, get a doll that wets and praise the doll every time it pees.Then ask him to try but don't push. The praise dolly gets will be a feeling he wants to experience and hopefully DS will be trained in no time. Positive reinforcement is very important for him and will makr Mommie's life easier!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I agree with the others that it does seem as though he may be about ready to potty train. Don't push him though! I have heard before of putting a stip of duct tape over the tabs to secure it into place. My oldest son who is now 6 trained right at age 3, and my youngest son who is 2-1/2 is finally starting to show signs of being ready. We keep a container of M&M's in the bathroom and he gets 2 when he pees and 3 for poop. Cheerios to aim at are also a good idea, for sitting or standing. My oldest never did like pull-ups, which was fine with me, but I don't like to use cotton underwear either until they are basically free of accidents on a regular basis. Too messy and very unsanitary! I do childcare in my home, so can't have everyone peeing all over, if you know what I mean. Good Luck!
Old 09-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Ohhhhh, do you think putting Cheerios in the toilet might help my husband aim better????????

Rani
Old 09-08-2003, 04:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Rani.. try it! you know how men and games are... This one is a shooting gallery..... tell him the prize is, he doesn't have to clean around the toilet bowl...*chuckle*

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Somehow, Jeanne, that isn't the kind of prize I think he'd want! But I like the way you think!

Rani
Old 09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Somehow, Jeanne, that isn't the kind of prize I think he'd want! But I like the way you think!

Rani
Old 09-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well they can't always have what they want! *rolling here*

Old 09-09-2003, 09:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tried it All!!!

Ok I have tried all of the suggestions that you guys have given me.. I have put his pjs on backwards so the zipper was in the back and he gets them off anyway.. I have woke up before him, however it seems that the diaper tearing up problem doesn't happen in the morning, it happens in the middle of the night.... I thought about the suggestion that he might be doing this out of boredom so at night after he goes to sleep I would slip some of his favorite toys in his room.. But that doesn't work neither.. It seems that he is more interested in tearing his diaper up.. I am trying to potty train him, He has had the peeing part down for quite a while now and he is able to wear "big boy undies" during the day which isn't when I have the problems.. It is in the morning and the diapers are generally "poopie" and most of the time the diapers aren't wet or soiled they are dry, he just likes tearing them up.. He poops in the corner of his room and refuses to go on the potty... I have tried reasoning and bribing him to no avail.. However none of this works.. He has pooed on the potty once before but no matter that I got real excited and danced with him about it, he refuses to do it again.. I am on my wits end with him and I don't know what to do.. I appreciate all of the suggestions that you guys have given me, which they do sound logical and might possibly work on other kids.. I just don't understand why he does these things.. I have tried EVERYTHING and I get nowhere with him!!!! If Anybody Else Has ANY Further Suggestions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY!!!!