Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Toddlers

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 02-03-2003, 12:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Desperate Need of Help :)

Hi Everyone,

My 20 month old DS refuses to keep his diaper on when he is home. But he only does it when we are not in the room (mainly nap-time and bed- time.) He will take it off and then go back to bed and pees and poops all over the place. He has absolutely no interest in potty training. The only thing that we haven't done has been duct taping his diaper on I have to change his sheets at least twice a day, and I have to mop the floors a lot also. Please, any suggestions that you have will help

Kristi
Old 02-06-2003, 01:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi there,
My DD was doing that,and as mean as it sounds I couldnt afford ripped diapers all the time, I would place a piece of tape from strip to strip, and she couldnt get them off. Saved me tons of diapers.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:52 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

have you tried turning them backwards, so the tapes are in the back??
Or maybe putting a pair of underwear over the diaper.
Just some thoughts.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

So there is someone else that has thought of that, I am going to try the turning the diaper around at putting underwear on him, if that doesn't work, I will tape the diapers....

Thanks so much

:Kristi
Old 02-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have a 21 month old grandson who is doing the same thing. I can tell you from experience that duct tape works GREAT!

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 02-08-2003, 02:17 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi, Have you tried using the newer Pull-ups on him? Maybe if he sees that they are more like big boy underwear, he won't take them off so much. It's possible that the diapers are irritating him in some way. My son did that too, but we didn't have the things that are on the market today. I bought big boy underwear & told him if he took them off, he couldn't wear them anymore & he'd have to wear diapers. He stopped taking them off after that. I still had to use diapers at nite, but put the underwear over them.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

The backwards diaper technique works great. It is also good for babies who give you a hard time diapering. I used to put my daughter down on a changing mat on the floor and pin her down with my leg so she wouldn't try to escape, LOL!

I'm sure your little boy is trying your patience to the max with this. If it is any consolation, my daughter did manage to make it to adulthood and I'm currently up to my hubcaps in mailing out wedding invitations. If anyone ever told me, back when we were dealing with a little squirmy girl who could get out of anything from her diapers to her carseat, that she would grow up to be the most charming and intelligent and wonderful young woman, well... believe me, it is all worth it. Try to remember that when you're scrubbing yogurt off the ceiling and crayons off the walls and washing the poopy sheets for the umpteenth time.

Rani
Old 02-08-2003, 04:39 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb

My daughter was a stripper too!!!
I tried the backwards diaper and the tape. She figured it all out.
She would also take off shorts or pants. So finally I started using diaper pins to pin on her disposable diapers! She couldn't get those off and they are still safe for her!!

wife to a great man-Bill,
who is a wonderful Daddy
to our daughter
Caitlyn born 4-03-00
Old 02-08-2003, 04:44 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Just for an added little bit of humor.....

Here my daughter is Caught in the act!!
This picture was taken at probably the same age as your son.
around 20-21 months.

Notice ***clothes half off.....
Diaper cover in one hand Diaper in the other!!!
But also know....
this will pass.... See did it for about 2 or 3 months and now she is happily potty trained at 34 months!
Attached Images

wife to a great man-Bill,
who is a wonderful Daddy
to our daughter
Caitlyn born 4-03-00
Old 02-09-2003, 02:28 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank-you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son has now kept his diaper on for 24 hours without being able to take it off, we duct taped it on and but "big man undies" on him. Wooo Hoooo!

That is such a cute picture, I have one of my son like that, but it was a dirty diaper, and I didn't realize it until I was taking the picture lol Oh well, hopefully this phase will pass soon

Thanks again!
Kristi