Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 02-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Besides doing the diaper backwards, I also put my girls in overalls and one piece outfits (espcially when going out of the house) and putting jamies on backwards. They can't get out of them b/c of snaps or hooks and zippers in the back. It frustrated them but they didn't bother after a while and we could go back to regular clothing and forward diapers.

Good luck and know that we've all been there too! This too shall pass!!!!!

Old 02-10-2003, 06:17 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks Jen and everyone else....

We are now going on 48 hours....on minor mishap (he figured out how to get the duct tape off...) but he came over to me before he took his diaper off and I was able to retape it with no further problems!

Thanks soooo much!
Kristi and Logan
Old 02-22-2003, 08:34 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Both of my boys did this and I got just as frustrated! I did the duct tape thing, too. I put the diaper on ds1 backwards and taped the back. It worked for about a day and a half, then he discovered he could simply yank the diaper off and not bother with the tabs lol!! I finally got a waterproof liner and cut it into squares. I put the squares in "his" places--His own spot on the couch, his very own special chair, etc etc. I just couldn't keep up with the mess! It took a few weeks but he did make it through the phase. I'm currently trying to potty train ds2 to no avail. He has a fit when he's messy, but has not gone back to pulling off his clothes and diapers!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:30 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Update!

Logan has been pretty good about keeping his diaper on, the only time that he really takes it off now is if he thinks he is going to get a bath lol. He comes out of the hallway, totally naked (at about the same time every night) and grabs my finger and leads me to the bathroom door. At least I have him into a routine for that lol. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions, I guess that I weathered through this phase Can't wait for the next one

Kristi
Old 02-24-2003, 03:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

So glad to hear it Kristi! I just want to know now HOW you got him to enjoy baths??? My 22 month old dgs hates them. He especially hates showers when he USED to enjoy tem. It's a real battle getting him in.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 02-24-2003, 07:45 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Can't help you there, nagymom..both of my dks love their baths! Have you tried the tub tints, fingerpaint soap, etc? Keeps it interesting, I can tell you lol!!

Glad you made it, Kristi!! Just remember, you'll look back on this someday and laugh--or so they tell me lol!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:37 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I second the diaper pin suggestion. In my home, if it could be pinned, I pinned it! Nothing was safe from a pin!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:53 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Proof positive! Even rubber pants weren't safe from diaper pins in my home!

Attachment 31778

Last edited by Miss Money Penny; 03-17-2015 at 07:22 PM.