Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 03-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Re: Crib tents?

Quote:
Originally posted by Taximom962
I'm told there are such things as 'crib tents' that go over the crib and this helps by keeping the child in the crib. I don't like to treat her like an animal in a cage, but I can't always get her out when she is ready.
A lot people think a crib tent is such a bad thing. But before the child could climb out of the crib, weren't they caged anyway? Guess I don't see much difference.

We moved our little "climber" into a regular bed. We made sure his room was very dark when he was sleeping, but kept a night light on out in the hall. So, when he woke up, he always went right out where it was light.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

shocking Not just his ABC's

My 3 yr old son learned to have these monsterous throw yourself on the ground temper tantrums at school....its the exact behavior this problem child at school exhibits...he only does it with me...not at school....what should i do i tried talking...tried yelling and am trying not to loose my patience..my son hates to hear im upset or that im not talking to him...
when he does it i tell him im not talking to you until you talk to me like ben not so-in-so...then he apologizes...

Good news is the girl was expelled from school

any ideas...

frazzled..
nancy
Old 06-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Nancy, sounds like you're handling it well. Just keep ignoring him, he'll give up the behavior sooner or later when he sees it doesn't get a response .
Old 06-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

thanks...

i keep telling myself its a phase....

over and over and over and over and over

=0)

nancy
Old 06-30-2004, 10:14 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yea, it's just a phase Trouble is, as soon as they get through one phase, they seem to enter another
Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LOL! These sorts of thread topics are my favourite! Real-life mommy happenings!

I have wondered (many, many times) how many households (over the years) dealt with older babies/toddlers who practiced crib-gymnastics! I administered several spankings when it first started, then relaxed on the issue somewhat, but never did get used to knowing baby had unrestricted (in and out) access of his crib!

Yes... I worried at night, but what to do. Anyhow, I had two who practiced their hand at crib-gymnastics... here's one in action! Caught red-handed!

I had just finished plopping baby down inside his crib to change his pants, and had run across the hall to the bathroom (for a quick second) to wet-down a baby washcloth. I know... me bad for leaving the crib-railing down, but by this point baby had mastered the in and out process with the railing up or down.

Attachment 31002

Notice baby's technique of using the diaper pail as a stepping point! So resourceful! LOL!

Last edited by Miss Money Penny; 11-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Assistant Moderator

could he climb in or out if the diaper pail wasn't there. LOL.. thank goodness I never had one that climb in and out like that. but my son did bounce on his mattress like it was a trampoline.. I was always concern if he would hit his mouth or the railing.. well the day came he did, but not on the railing of the crib.. He jumped off of his toddler bed, and hit the metal railing that held the bed together. Should of got about 2 stitches in the head..
Old 11-09-2013, 08:53 PM

My son did crib-gymnastics. My daughter could do crib dancing which was moving the crib around the room by standing up in her crib and shaking it. It got to the point where we had to tie her crib to the closet door knob.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by barbar
could he climb in or out if the diaper pail wasn't there.
He sure could! LOL! Normally the diaper pail sat more around the corner to the crib (headboard side), but the thought of dear son going over the headboard gave me nightmares, so I chose to situate the pail closer in front, which seemed like a safer alternative.

His getting back into the crib never bothered me, because with a nice thick cushy padded mattress, he would just flop himself in over the railing, but his getting out always left me on edge.

He crash-landed a couple of times in the beginning, and cried for only a few seconds... suggesting to me that the fall startled him more than anything, and too, because I think he knew momma would be in to paddle his little bottom, so the less fuss the better. LOL!

Good thing is, kids are like rubber at that age, so they're pretty resilient and impervious to bumps and lumps.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LOL, Seleach! The trials and tribulations of motherhood!

I'm always amazed (and never bored) at what kids concoct and engineer. For such little people who haven't had a lengthy go at life yet, they sure come up with some mighty ingenious and crafty ways, don't they! LOL!!!

Regarding tying the crib to the nearest doorknob to secure, we took the casters off the cribs.

As for trampolining skills, yep... took place in our house, too! And yes... there were a few bumps and bruises along the way... not to mention the plastic topping on the mattress was tattered, shredded, and literally destroyed by the time the last one did his thing! (Looking up at the sky to thank the gods above for rubber crib sheets)! One of the greatest baby/mommy inventions to ever hit the planet!

Last edited by Miss Money Penny; 11-10-2013 at 09:04 AM.