Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

View Poll Results: What age was your child/(ren) potty trained?
I had super potty powers. My child was trained by one. 1 7.69%
My potty powers were rather good. my child was trained by two. 4 30.77%
My child was pretty average and was trained by three. 9 69.23%
I was afraid my child would go to kindergarten in diapers, and was trained by four 4 30.77%
I had my child fully potty trained, but, night time was hard. 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi I am the mom of 4 daughters. Each of my daughters I started potty training around the age of 2. They were completely potty trained b 2 and half. My youngest just turned 2 in Sept and I have been working with her on and off since she was 18 months old. I have been having the a problem with her, she does well potty training on the weekends, but during the week when my daycare children arrive, she has many more accidents. I don't know if she is trying to get my attention, or I just don't see the signs that she needs to go, because of all that is going on during the day. Any suggestion or thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Old 10-27-2008, 06:02 AM
Assistant Moderator

Cherylpearl, I think it is harder to potty train a child when there are so many other children to care for (I am a daycare provider too). I think children get distracted by the other children and forget. It could also be a way to get your attention as you mentioned. I have had the same problem potty training children (I can't even remember the number of children I have potty trained over the years) Just stick with it and she will soon catch on though I know it is not easy dealing with the mess in the mean time.

My dd was potty trained at 2 and a half, regressed when her brother was born and then re-trained. Both my dss were potty trained by the time they turned 3.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 10-25-2013, 06:12 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Checked the last two boxes on the list! Late trainers!

I had two that were super late... age 3-1/2 (daytime diapers), and one that was super-duper late (past age 3-1/2 daytime diapers), night-time diapers were a whole other issue, as I continued diapering daytime trained bottoms anywhere from a few months, up to a year, and in one case, beyond a year!

My opinion was, I much preferred changing diapers over changing crib sheets and bedding... or pyjama bottoms and clothing, however, the string of diapers and rubber pants that seemingly became permanent fixtures on the clothesline, didn't offer much in the way of showing off my toilet training skills to all the neighbours and passerby's!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:56 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It's been a few years... but...

- DD1. Daytime trained (32 months)... night-time diapers till age 38 months.

- DS1. Daytime trained (36 months)... night-time diapers till age 42 months.

- DD2. Daytime trained (28 months)... night-time diapers till age 32 months.

- DS2. Daytime trained (42 months)... night-time diapers till age 48 months.

- DS3. Daytime trained (44 months)... night-time diapers till age 48-50 months.

- DS4. Daytime trained (46 months)... night-time diapers till age 48-50 months).

Cloth diapers/safety pins/rubber pants (day/night)...

Both daughters hated being wet... youngest daughter would wake crying (during the night) if wet, second son pulled at his diapers/pants when wet/dirty... asked to be changed, last two boys were content sitting in wet/dirty diapers, so lots of rubber pants/diaper checks with them.

Once my kids were older and at the tail-end of daytime diapers, I began changing them in the bathroom on the counter, where I could potty them for a few minutes before re-diapering them.

Youngest two hated being dragged away from their play to be changed... big plus, even though both ended up being late trainers.

Whenever I used training pants (cloth), I doubled them, and used rubber pants over... with diapers... I doubled (sometimes tripled), and always rubber pants.