Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 02-10-2015, 11:02 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

As a mom I quickly learned, the less fuss you make over this, the better.

My son Jacob (newly 5 at the time), reverted back to wetting (at night) after baby brothers Tyler and Tanner, made their debut, so I padded Jacob's bottom well for the night (double diaper/rubber pants) and within a few short weeks, Jacob, had moved passed his slump.

The plastic bag trick posted IMO is the half-measure comparable to rubber pants. Never employed rubber pants in my home without using diapers with them, though I can imagine how uncomfortable rubber pants would be for a child wearing nothing under, especially if wet.

Last edited by Miss Money Penny; 02-10-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:34 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRae View Post
Just a thought.
But when my mom trained my brother many years ago, (as he'll be 49 tomorrow) she made him wear some nylon panties and when he got wet they stuck to his body and at the time he didn't like clingy things. That stop him really fast.

Another idea is take her shopping for some panties that she likes and if she gets the idea that if she wants to keep them dry they willstay pretty longer and she'll be able to wear themfor longer periods.

Good Luck, as mine had accendents until they were older.
One of my daughters would get so constipated that she had more accidents then we wanted to see. Took her to the urinoligist (sp) and had x-rays taken to find out. we had to give her small laxatives to help.
The nylon panties route is a good one, but I still think good old-fashioned diapers (cloth) with rubber pants are the bomb, when it comes to older kids and wetting.

Diapers and rubber pants are for babies, so older kids are more apt to feel embarrassed wearing them, and when wet, cloth diapers sag and droop, making for an uncomfortable bottom for said child.

The changing process of laying said child down in the crib and pulling off their rubber pants like a baby and unpinning their diapers, is a babyish action all unto itself, which I think works as an excellent deterrent, as does diapering said child before bedtime and keeping said child in nothing but diapers, so everyone sees and knows that they're wearing diapers like a baby.

My kids were told, dare you wet your pants, you're going back into diapers.