Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 03-22-2002, 05:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Anyone with a picky eater??

Ohhhh I get so frustrated with my 2 1/2 year old Lukas. Practically EVERYTHING I put in front of him to eat he turns his nose up at. I have tried getting him involved with making meals, picking them out....just don't have any more ideas. Can anyone help me????
http://mommyis.stayinhomeandlovinit.com
Old 03-22-2002, 06:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

2yo's actually eat very little. I've found that the best thing to do is to make sure his breakfast isn't sugar-coated and his lunch isn't overly processed. Offer lots of healthy foods during the day, and also at supper. None of my kids, at 2, were good supper eaters. But, they ate big breakfasts and lunches.

Snacks consist of the most healthy granola bars I can find, fresh fruit, and peanut butter toast or crackers.

And don't worry - you're child will eat when he is hungry. Just watch to make sure his bathroom habits are the same, give him lots of liquids (35-100% real juice, not flavored sugar-water; and plenty of milk and water) and make sure he gets a balance of exercise and rest.

Kelly H.
Old 03-22-2002, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Mysmommy, I have a ds who will be 4 in July and I have the same dilemma with him. He has eaten the same things for the past 8 months and rarely eats anything else. Luckily, he will eat apples and oranges and drink a little milk. He also loves pickles and bread. For meals, all he has is cereal. Sometimes, it's the bad kinds, sometimes Cheerios. He is very thin, but not unnaturally so. My ped said as long as he's eating something and drinking something not to worry. When he's hungry, he eats. When we go out to a restaurant, which is rare, he doesn't eat unless those things are there. McDonald's, nothing. Burger King, nothing. Of course, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:57 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My 5 yo dd is SO picky about food. She just started Kindergarten this week and she says to me "I am NOT going back to school." I asked "why not?" and she says "Their lunches are TERRIBLE".
Old 09-11-2002, 04:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Totally opposite

I have the opposite problem. My 2 year old eats ANYTHING! Yesturday I hear him say "ummmm tasty!" I turn to see him chewing on DH's sock!

I think he get's it from his dad, when we visit my MIL she actually has to hide her plate of stuff for the composter! Hubby will actually go in there and eat lime peels and stuff

oh well, at least they're easy to cook for

Amanda
Old 09-11-2002, 06:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Picky eaters!

Yes. I have one of those too. My daughter has been picky ever since she started eating real food. Except the only food she eats is macaroni and cheese, spaghetti o's, PBJ sandwiches, and chicken fingers! SHe doesn't like pizza or spaghetti (and I make good spaghetti!) I have given up with the whole veggie thing. THe only veg. she'll eat is broccoli and occasionally green beans. It's awful trying to plan meals because I get sick of eating the same things all the time but at the same time I want her to eat so I try to make things that I know she'll eat. It's frustrating and I'm hoping that she'll eventually grow out of this pickiness.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:59 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Another picky eater here at almsot 2 1/2 yrs old!
She will eat almost ANY meat or bread! But not macaroni and only french fries not mashed or baked potatoes. As far as fruits and veggies.. Any fruit grapes and watermelon her favorites. Veggie favorites have to be peas. HATES green beans now and hated them as a baby too.
I certainly have NO advice about what to fix differently for our picky little eaters... But I do have a question.....
Do any of you still give your little ones the Gerber Graduates bucket meals? She will eat only 2 variaties of those. I was wondering how bad are the regular lunch bucket type meals?? Are they too full of bad stuff like sodium and such?? The Gerber brands just taste so bland. I take her lunch to the sitters and it's real hard to come up with "portable" meal ideas.

wife to a great man-Bill,
who is a wonderful Daddy
to our daughter
Caitlyn born 4-03-00
Old 09-22-2002, 10:06 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I think what gets me is that my dd is a 'variable-picky' eater. I can make something one day and she will rave over it. The next week I will make the same exact thing and she'll wrinkle her nose at it! That drives me crazy!
Old 10-02-2002, 09:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Picky Eaters

Hi,
I have a 4 year old daughter and she is very picky. One day she will eat everything in site and the next week she wonnt eat at all. It is very aggravating. I know how you feel. It's hit and miss, I just try to find things she does like and try and incorporate them into out meals..... She just loves Tacos she makes them herself so it makes it fun for her.

I found a few sites that might help......

http://tendertime.com/picky.htm

http://www.parentsplace.com/expert/n...240053,00.html

http://www.ivillage.com/topics/paren...166439,00.html

Good Luck!!!

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND, AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE