Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Toddlers What did your toddler do today? Is he getting into everything? Tell us all about the smiles and frustrations here!

Old 05-27-2004, 04:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Little Brother feels left out!

This morning Luke had his daily "the Big Kids got on the school bus but Mommy won't let me" tantrum which left me thinking that I really need to come up with a little routine for the time after they hop on that bus. Maybe a different activity for each day, not something that has to take really long but something he can look forward to. So today we had "Donut Store Day." I put him in the car (in his pajamas, with the school T-shirt he insisted on wearing over the pajamas ) and we went to Dunkin Donuts for a breakfast treat.

I don't want to do "Donut Store" every day...that could be costly and isn't very nutritious (he has discovered that the donut store sells donuts, not just bagels )

If you have any ideas of other fun things to do (at home or "outings") I'd love to hear them!
Old 05-27-2004, 06:32 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hmmm, how about a walk down the street! You could point out the flowers, different cars around. My ds got a kick out of the fire hydrant on ours. He also liked to pick up any rocks he may had found we took an old peanut butter jar and had a rock collection from last year! The daycare girls taught Evan to hug trees. There very cute when they do that. I think you said you had a digital camera you could take photos so he can show daddy and the big kids what the two of you get to do when their at school and work.

Maybe a car trip to a nearby park and go swing on the swings for a bit or maybe a trip down the slide?

We have a big front porch and sometimes take a book out and read on the porch swing...

Maybe a car ride to a small store (cvs, riteaid,walgreens) for a hot wheel car it probaly costs the same as a donut but less fattening! lol.
Leighann
Old 05-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Lee came up with great ideas!

How about having a craft day? You could collect things during your walk ---like rocks, pinecones, leaves---and use them to make crafts like pet rocks, rubbed leaf drawings, decorated pinecones.

Right now, when we take walks, I use the time to talk with my son about recycling and all of the garbage that is left on the ground.

You could also take short tours of local places like the Post Office, Firestation, Police Station.....most of our local places like this are willing to show the kids around.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yes, these are good ideas. I have to keep in mind that we are talking about 7:25 AM here....so many places are not yet open! I just want a quick activity that gets him occupied so he forgets about the bus

Weather permitting tomorrow we'll take a stroller walk. I can get exercise at the same tme!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
How about a picnic breakfast on the living room floor?

"Camping"
You could make a tent by throwing a sheet over the table and crawling under there to play or throw in some pillows and read a story.

Does he like bugs? Walmart sells little plastic containers that have magnifying glass tops to them. It has a strap on it so that the kids can carry it. This works well with just about anything that he would find outside. My son got one of these last year and still plays with it by putting just about anything you could think of into it.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 05-28-2004, 11:10 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How about your morning coffee together, he can have milk in a coffee cup or hot chocolate and you can have a moring cup of coffee!!! That way he knows when brother goes to school he gets to have coffee with mom