Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-07-2002, 04:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Removing candle wax from carpet fiber

This past week, our electricity went out for approximately 45 minutes. We went around lighting candles all over the house. It was beautiful. One candle was placed out in the hallway and dripped wax on the carpet. I have been unable to get the wax up. Anyone got any easy ideas?
Old 10-08-2002, 08:09 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My aunt sells candles and she says to get a paper bag and your iron. Place the paperbag on top of the spilled wax and place the iron on top of it and move the iron around. The wax will start to melt and the paper bag will absorb it.
Old 10-12-2002, 10:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

reply to removing candle wax

I have heard that if you use ice on the wax it will lift off easily. I have not personally tried this though.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Wendy
My aunt sells candles and she says to get a paper bag and your iron. Place the paperbag on top of the spilled wax and place the iron on top of it and move the iron around. The wax will start to melt and the paper bag will absorb it.

Hubby and I have a small candle business (handpoured/crafted) and we do the same thing. Move to a "clean" area of the paper bag every so often. For colored candles I prefer to use an old cloth. On wood there will likely be a stain from the color left behind. I had this happen on our fireplace mantle...it's not bad tho in comparison to what a big ole clump of wax looked like.
Old 10-12-2002, 05:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Removing Wax

I am glad to hear that some people have some good ideas for removing wax from carpet. My problem is wax on tablecloths, doileys and table runners. I have tried placing item in the freezer than when frozen trying to pick the wax off but I have no success. I am wondering if I should also try the brown paper bag and an iron? Can someone help me?
Thank you.
Terri in Western Australia
Old 10-13-2002, 02:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

candle wax in carpet

I used to clean our church, you should have seen all the wax in carpet after candlelight service.I found that heating an electric iron to a low setting and ironing the spot with paper bag between works. The iron melts the wax and it absorbed into the paper bag.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Lightbulb Removing candlewax from cloth

I've had this happen, what a mess! ok, while your picking the biggest chunks of wax from the cloth, put a kettle of water on to boil, and get a metal collandar and place it in the kitchen sink, place the cloth over it maybe use a few clothes pins to hold it in place. Slowly pour the boiling water over the wax spill until it runs through keep doing this until you think it's all melted let dry and check for stiffness if there is still wax residue repeat. I had to do it twice but it worked great! I hope this helps.

~*Lori*~