Help - Murals on the walls, floors and doors. - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-03-2002, 06:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

shocking Help - Murals on the walls, floors and doors.

Hi all
My 3 children love to draw. The 2 little guys find it entertaining to draw murals on the walls, floors (hardwood) and now the wood doors.

I've decided not to paint the walls until there in Kindergarten. I just show everyone their beautiful artwork and make it a part of the everday joys of raising 3 kids.

It would be nice to get the pen and marker off the floor and doors though. I've tried Murphy's Oil soap but to no avail.

Any suggestions will be most welcomed!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle ink on walls

Here are a few ideas for removing ink, and of course this does depend on what your removing the ink form. I like WD40 for removing a lot of things on the walls, this could work. A few other ideas that I know that will remove ink are: the old stand by hairspray this is for cloth but I think it could work on certain walls then clean with cold water. Also rubbing alcohol, or mix a paste of cream of tartar and lemon juice, smear over the ink and let sit for an hour or so. Wipe clean with cold water. Just a few ideas that I have that might work. Also a great product that I really like to clean with and takes off a lot of dirt and problems is Orange Glo Power Paste, This is the greatest cleaning product that I have used in a long time. Sure hope one of these ideas will help you. Blessing & Peace. Donna;-)
Old 10-06-2002, 09:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Try using some Goo Gone....I've had good luck getting all kinds of messy stains up with this stuff. You'll find it at most hardware stores. I wouldn't be without it!
Good luck with the little ones!!! ;-) Joanie
Old 10-06-2002, 11:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Just the other day my son took a perm. marker to my table and the floor. I called my dad ( a carpet & tile layer) He said to use goof-off. IT WORKED GREAT!!!
easy to clean and pretty cheap. about $3 for a good size can.

Hope this helps

Hugs
Houston-Mom
Old 10-07-2002, 01:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Not sure if this will work on ink marks, but have had great success removing scuff marks from the floor by using a small amount of charcoal lighter on a paper towel. Works wonders!
Old 10-07-2002, 05:29 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have heard quite a few of the responses before, but my mother told me about this one when my dog chewed a ballpoint pen and got ink on the carpet...milk. And it came right out!

Jen

http://foodpursuit.blogspot.com
Old 10-07-2002, 05:33 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Try 409. This happened to me 3 years ago. I was working with my daughter, coloring and such, I thought we capped and put away all the markers. But I went to the kitchen to do some things and she was quietly playing in the living room, I didn't realize she had a blue marker in her hot little hands. Marked the doors, walls and a very expensive etched glass clock mirror. Needless to say she didn't see a marker for a long time. I grabbed the first thing under the cabinet and didn't realize it was 409 with some paper towels. Got it out and the mirror too. I swear by this stuff. We have since repainted the house, but every time I see the mirror I still giggle. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:50 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi!

The BEST stuff I have ever used on anything is a bottle of WINDEX. It really is! I can't begin to tell you how I take stains out of my two year olds white shirts, ink? My whole house is beautiful oak floors....comes right off...walls...lipstick off of windows (little devils!)...you name it...the stuff is liquid gold...put stock in the company, cause I buy it buy the gallon-fulls! The only thing it hasn't worked well for me with is un-varnished wood. I have some molding trim around some windows and doors that we never got to varnishing...and I've had some problems getting crayon off of those. XO Fli
Old 10-07-2002, 08:24 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky ink

My son did that 1 time, when he was only 5... I taught him a lesson, and he never did it again....
he was writing his name on a white wall. in permanet black marker....I let him have a wash bucket with water, soap & a sponge. He washed for 2 or 3 hours....... the whole time I knew a spray of "hair spray " would take it right off..... He never did it again!!!!!
Hope it works for you too, Good Luck,
Karen
Old 10-07-2002, 09:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

OOoooohhhh, I LIKE it! Hope you don't mind if I steal that one from you Karen! FABULOUS!