Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member

LOL--Barbszy!! LOL-Bluebird!! and LOL-Janet!!----You all gave me a good laugh!....
Old 04-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Happy, I will have to try the car polish..great tip!

Janet

PS. Glad we all made you laugh!
Old 04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy6, do you mean like "Turtle Wax" or some other type product? It sure sounds like it's worth a try.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Nine Year Member

Yes, "Turtle Wax" but I've used other kinds to. I also do this on the outside of my bath tubs and the inside of the sinks. It gives it a beautiful shine......
Old 04-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: Melbourne, Australia, the World's most liveable city!
I've never been here before, but boy, did I laugh. Groovy furniture, maids, hip stores, rofl.

I also use an old toothbrush for cleaning around the base of the taps in the house (faucets to you girls!) with either a little liquid soap or a little toothpase on it. Cleans beautifully and being old is usually soft and non-abrasive. Then polish with a soft cloth.

Any maids want a job overseas?? I"ll hire one!

"Love people, not things.
Use things, not people"
Old 04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Nine Year Member

Lynne, How much you paying?? lol ---I have a dd that is a cleanaholic.....She is out of work right now so she may want the job. She cleans so much she'd even have the ship spic n span by the time she got to your house......

Last edited by HAPPY6; 04-28-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thinking of others

This past weekend, my dh and I sponsored a meal for our Bible class from work. Included in our group are 2 young single guys and one young, struggling family of 4 and our group totalled 13. So when planning and preparing the meal I specifically thought of those individuals.

I went to the URM (restaurant supply store) where they have large quantity products, etc. I bought my food items there knowing that I would get even more than I really needed for weekend's meal. Then I went to the Dollar Tree. There I purchased a box of qt sized ziploc bags and pint size ziploc baggies, I also picked up food storage container sets. After our meal and while our guest and dh were visiting, I began cleaning up. I quickly divided up the tortilla chips and put them into the large ziploc bags-filling the little family's bag with a bit more. In the large storage bowls with the lids, I divided and put the chili in them. Other ziploc bags I used for the shredded lettuce, the shredded cheeses, the chopped tomatos, onions, olives and the smaller storage containers with lids I used to divide the sour cream, guacamole and salsa. Then I got out the colorful paper shopping bags I had purchased at Dollar Tree and loaded the "goods" into each bag and put a little name tag on each bag-one for each of the two single guys and one for the little struggling family of 4.

So not only was I able to feed the entire group, but I was also able to help out those where have been in kind of a bad way lately. I received many quiet compliments on the idea from the others who said they want to do the same thing when it is their turn to host the meal and they asked if I would help them when that time comes.

Don't worry about too much food left over, just buy the cheap Dollar Store containers that way, you are not giving out your good containers and your guests/recipients are not having to worry about getting the container back to you. They guys were so thrilled with the containers because both of them said they didn't really have any so I am really feeling like this was money, time and thought......well spent!!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Lynette that is a wonderful idea...Thanks for sharing with us...
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Excellent idea, Lynette! And you showed the members of that group how to help others when they are in a position to do that
Old 04-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lynnette what a great idea! I am going to remember that!

Closed Thread