FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Tips - Odds & Ends (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/tips-odds-ends/)
-   -   Useful Tidbits (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/tips-odds-ends/472-useful-tidbits.html)

HAPPY6 03-23-2007 12:54 PM

:bluebun: Run out of coffee filters and need that cup of coffe---Use a paper towel for the coffee---works great till you get to :hare: the store to buy filters....

Bunny 03-23-2007 02:11 PM

Usefull Tidbits

Ever run out of laundry soap and couldnt get to the store? Use Dish soap or shampoo works just as good.

janet 03-24-2007 06:08 AM

Bunny, you have to be careful with washing clothes with dish soap..some of it has harsher ingredients and it can ruin finer clothes...

Now if you are washing work clothes..go for it.

I use up all my shampoos, that I do not like in the washer too..but nothing that has a color enhancer in it. (For example, shampoo for silver hair)

I have alot used hair conditioner as softener..

Now I have to find a use for all the other products I have tried but were not for me.(moouses, waxes, shine enhancers, glosses, etc.)

:dot: Janet

Can You Guess? 03-24-2007 06:31 AM

I put a fabric softener sheet or an air freshener in the glove boxes & trunks of our vehicles. It makes them smell fresh & clean.

If you drop something small in a tight spot you can put a piece of freshly chewed gum on the end of a long object & put the gum on the object it should pick it up. We found money in a storm drain & used gum to retrieve it.

You can use cooking oil or non-stick cooking spray to lubricate your door hinges.

WD40 will kill ants.

A mixture of borax & powdered sugar will kill ants.

A mixture of borax, powdered sugar, & oatmeal will kill rats, mice & roaches.

Mint plants repel roaches & small rodents.

HTH!

Can You Guess? 03-24-2007 06:35 AM

A little Pine-Sol added to the water of a load of greasy work clothes will get the grease out. Laundromats do this for their customers.

Pag36 03-24-2007 07:18 AM

Be careful with the dish soap/shampoos in washers as it can sometimes make them over flow BEEN THERE DONE THAT. And NEVER use regular dish soap in dish washer as that will over flow.

I love these tips thanks

Minny 03-24-2007 04:27 PM

Fire Ants

I've used sweet 'n' low to kill fire ants. We had a nest of them in a flower bed & sprinkled it on the ants & just put enough water on it to dampen the ground. Next day they were gone completely!

HAPPY6 03-24-2007 04:53 PM

:hopp: To get rid of fruit flies, put a small bowl of cola on your counter. Fruit flies will go into the bowl, and become trapped.

Pag36 03-24-2007 05:13 PM

Boy I sure wish I had known about the sweet & low and fire ants. We had a lot all around my folks place in SC

Minny 03-24-2007 07:13 PM

Pag, that's where we had the fire ants in SC. We used to live in Anderson.. where does your folks live? If I can find that email I had got about it, I'll let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pag36
Boy I sure wish I had known about the sweet & low and fire ants. We had a lot all around my folks place in SC