Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Gift Wrap Caps

I am the office manager of a small architectural office. This tip I learned from the my boss's father who started the company back in '67.

We store all our completed building plans individually in rolls. The customer's name and info is printed up the side of the one end but when you stand these on end it is hard to see which is who!!LOL So Lee took plastic 4-6oz Dixie juice cups and cut out 4- half inch sections giving it two wider flaps (1 on one side of cup and one on the opposite side) then two narrower (1/2 inch) flaps one on each side So if you flattened the cup out you would have a "+" looking thing. then we write out customer name etc on a round sticker and put it in the center of the bottom (outside) of the cup. I will take a picture and show you what I mean. I am on my break at work right now staring at a few caps I need to make for plans! LOL Anywho......... I mentioned this concept to a friend who has rolls and oodles of rolls of wrapping paper and cuts a round circle out of the paper and tapes to the top of the cap that way she pulls out the box and can see what is what just by looking at the tops of the caps!
Hope this makes sense!!!
Hugs!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:20 AM

Happy face

Good idea Kathy. I have always waited on the iron to heat up but now there's an easier way.. Thanks for posting this.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh brother!! I forgot to say how you place the caps on the ends of the rolls.

The two side tabs that are the most narrow,you put down in the center of the roll, then while holding the larger flaps around the roll, take a rubber band to wrap around it and secure the cap to the roll. I PROMISE to take pictures and post them so everyone gets the idea.

Sorry this is so messed up! Guess i should have written it out first before posting but I was so darned excited!! LOLOL
Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

You know Lynette, we always know what we want to say but it's harder to put things into words LOL, done it many a time myself. I think I know what you mean a pic will confirm it.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:21 AM

Happy face

When washing your plastic bowls & lids, keep a cheap denture brush handy. It gets in the grooves of the lids & under the rims of the bowls. Alot of times, they get residue from the chemicals in the water & this little handy brush gets it out.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face Key's

I've locked my key's in the car many times. My dh has locked his keys in the trunk of his car a few time. This has happened to most people I know at one time or another. I had extra keys made and always put the extra key in my purse my dh carries his in his wallet at all times. We also do this with house keys and luggage keys when traveling. Such an easy way to always have that extra key with you......
Old 05-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

A great tip for cleaning sliver....take a peeled potatoe and dip it in baking soda and rub on your tarnished silver...it will come clean right away for you and no chemicals. A great frugal way to clean.

to clean a kettle that gets mineral deposits, mine gets so bad . i fill it with vinegar and boil. In about 5 minutes my kettle is sparkiling clean. I then boil some clean water once before using.

Here was a cool tip I just heard...to color or tint small amounts of paints for murals...use unsweetened koolaide mix. just add to white paint and stir. Make sure it is unsweetened.

Here is one my hubby uses...instead of harse cleaners for his hands he uses a little oil to clean them off. A show also suggested spray oil(like pam) to clean your hands . They also suggested to use it on squeaky hinges.

Here is a tip I use for my scrapbooks. Remember the old glue style photo albums......I am trying to redo all my old photos into scrapbooks and this type of album after years can be hard to get the photos off. If you try and pull them off quite often they will tear. I take a piece of dental floss and starting at one corner drag it down the back of the photo to loosen it from the pages.

To put new foam grips on your handlebars of a bike take a little dish soap and rub it inside the foam grips before putting them on. the soap will allow them to slid on easily. We always did this at the bike store. Could be used for any other type of grip.

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Nine Year Member

I tried the tip for the bike grips and it worked great!......What we also do is put a small picture of the child inside the handle bars. This it easy! All you do is slip off the handlebar grip roll and insert the picture of the child into the hole of the handlebar. This is sure proof if the childs bike is stolen, or lost that it is his.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy good tip with the info in the handle bars.....Glad the trick for putting foam grips on worked.....my family owns a bike store so i have put many on over the years!!! This make s it so quick

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 05-28-2007, 10:50 AM

Happy face

Have a hard time getting the shells off hard boiled eggs? Do them as soon as you take them off the stove.. don't let them set til they are cold. The shells hold the heat in & then the yolks turn dark. I pour off the boiling water & run them under cold water til I can handle them without getting burned & peel the shells off right away. The shells come off alot easier. I always like to use eggs that are about a week old to boil.. the shells don't come off fresh eggs as nice.

Closed Thread