FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Tips - Clothing & Laundry (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/tips-clothing-laundry/)
-   -   Backhoe Grease (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/tips-clothing-laundry/6250-backhoe-grease.html)

kcarskc 03-18-2003 02:58 AM

Backhoe Grease

My DH work construction and got backhoe grease all over the back of his best work shirt. It has been soaked in Oxyclean and then washed (all by himself, I might add ):) but it didn't touch it. What suggestions do you have for me. We have not tried the coke thing yet. Thanks for any suggestions.

kcarskc 03-19-2003 02:02 AM

Thank you! I already have Greased Lightning in my cupboard and never thought of that.

Caronamy 03-22-2003 01:13 PM

Funny my DH cme into the house with some grease on his jeans this AM, I rubbed in some Dawn dish detergent.

It worked!

lisabell1 03-22-2003 01:16 PM

I too tried Dawn dishwashing liquid and it works wonders on getting out grease. So well in fact that Dawn is all I use for spot removing!

Good luck :)

Lisa

Abear 03-22-2003 01:51 PM

My DH goes off-shore and works on oil rigs when they break down. When he is out there, they do his laundry for him. (but not very well, I might add!)

However, right now he is working on a major piece of a rig that they brought in by boat for him to work on.

He has been coming home for the last 2 or so months (they are doing a complete over-haul along with the repair) with rig grease all over his overalls.

I fill the washer 1/2 way with warm water. I add 1.5 scoops of Oxyclean and the detergent ( Arm & Hammer Heavy Duty Detergent). I let the washer agitate for a few minutes. I then put his dirty t-shirt and overalls in. I then let the washer fill up the rest of the way. When it starts to agitate again, I let it do so for about 5 minutes. Then, I stop the washer and let the clothes soak for about 30 mins. After that, I let the washer finish up as usual.

His work clothes always come out clean! :-D

Goria 03-22-2003 01:55 PM

try Watkins Degreaser

harleyhobo 03-22-2003 02:22 PM

I have heard adding a can of coke to the laundry does wonders?? I think letting the clothes soak for awhile helps alot.

Robin whittington 03-22-2003 02:26 PM

:daisy: I've had real good luck with Shaklee's Basic H.

lisadoffin 03-22-2003 02:49 PM

My husband works in a tire and lube place and we have found that a product called GOOP works quite well. It is in a white tub and is found at Wal-Mart for around a buck. It's truly goop-like and you have to slather it on the spots with your hands. It seems to be very effective on all his stains except for differential fluid:( I too have had good luck with Dawn and I use it for smaller stains. Good luck!

Sue L. 03-22-2003 02:51 PM

Getting Out Grease

I got crater grease on my good raincoat one time. I used Mr. Clean and it took it right out. :)