Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Air drying without wrinkles?

I wear a lot of tee-shirts that I paid a lot of money for. They seem to become wrinkled while they are air drying. I do not have the space nor the time to iron them. Any ideas how to make them dry without wrinkling so badly?

Since they are special tees to me, I don't want to wash them in something that might make them fade or shrink. I wash them in cold and then hang them on hangers to air dry. I have never tried those spray-on anti-wrinkle products. Any suggestions?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have the same problem....I find that the laundry is less wrinkled if I take it out of the washer IMMEDIATELY when the cycle is done, and shake each item out before hanging. But nothing eliminates the wrinkles completely--except ironing!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I thought I saw something advertised a long time ago that could be sprayed on clothing to reduce wrinkles, but I am not sure. The laundry mat where I live is closed due to construction. So, I have to drive into town to the laundrymat. Plus, I live in a small RV with no clothes line. I have no room with an ironing board, so I am trying to be creative.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I think you can make your own with a little fabric softener and the rest water, in a spray bottle.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Now I have a question. Will fabric softner cause the print and/or pictures to fade or come off my tee shirts. Many of the clothing that I hang dry are expensive tees with designs on them.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Why not hang them inside out to spray and dry?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

There is no place for me to hang them outside. But, there isn't a problem for me to hang them inside.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

DeBora, I meant, turn the shirt INSIDE-OUT so that the decal is on the inside. Then spray it and let dry.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Duh! I like that idea! I will try it.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member

Debora what if you clip clothes pins on the bottom of the t-shirts to add a little extra weight to pull out the wrinkles as the t's are drying?

You could also hang them up in the bathroom when dry while you are showering for the steam to work on any remaining wrinkles then smooth them out after your shower.

I read somewhere years ago that if you shake your clothes out before putting them in the dryer it takes less time to dry and also gets rid of a lot of the wrinkles before they dry in.

Also as Barb said hanging up as soon as the dryer stops after another good shake will stop the clothes from getting wrinkles caused by laying around.

I do believe that anti-wrinkle spray really was just deluted softener that was sprayed on the clothes and you where to smooth out the wrinkles and let the clothes redry.

Roberta