Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I wash 2 loads of laundry everyday..I have only 3 in our family...but I do small loads, for we have a well..and I don't like to put demands on it...

I like to hang out in the summer too..I am looking for a new set up for this season. I love drying tshirts out there..they come in like they have been ironed..I love a crisp shirt and great smells..ha ha

Hugs, Janet
Old 04-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Assistant Moderator

I try to do laundry everyday too. We do at least 15 loads a week and I have a super plus machine. I am trying to get on a housecleaning laundry schudule, will let you know if/when I ever get it done!
Old 04-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

good afternoon all, around here wash gets done everyday. Depending on what needs to be done, the weather ( I like to have clothes hung out) and time.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wash gets done every day here for our family of 5. My 15 yr DS starts a load before he leaves for school and I continue it a few more times during the day if it isn't raining. We line dry everything. I try to sort and only do full loads but have no regular days for anything. Just go with the flow and get it done. All 3 children know if they want it washed, bring it down!!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Assistant Moderator

There are 4 of us, in summer I wash 1 load of clothes every 2 days, the boys both have school uniforms (all do here) so it is only 1 set of clothes per day each. In winter clothes are bulkier so I do 1 clothes wash per day.
I wash the towels twice a week no set day, and I save coloured clothes like white to the end of the week when I at least have half a load. Sheets usually on a monday, no reason just easier.
So I guess in winter 2 loads every 2 days, 1 load every 2 days. Summer 1 load per day.
Of ourse there are the odd bits, rags, etc that go in whenever.
I have an 8kilo washing machine, fairly big and I always line dry.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I do 4 loads per week...whites, darks, towels and sheets, and whatevers (rugs, couch throw, etc.
I hate ironing so do less than none

We aren't allowed clothes lines so I can only line dry personals on my porch..anything heavier would take a week to dry..even here in Fla...
Old 04-29-2006, 06:06 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

easier laundry

I have instilled a basket system for laundry. I cannot have a washer and dryer where i live, so need to go to laundry mat every week. But, to save time, i use a white basket for white clothes, green for dh's clothes, blue for darks, and red (found years ago) for bright clothes. Using this system has helped my dd learn how to sort by color, and has everyone involved (only 3 of us) in sorting their own laundry. When they change their clothes, they put them in the correct basket. Then on laundry day, it is all sorted for me and i just have to load in car and go do my wash. This has made it much easier on me.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

If I do it on a weekly basis I do about 3 loads. If I go 1 1/2 to 2 weeks then of course I have more like 4 - 5 loads. We have 3 in our family.

Tammy
Old 04-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I do mine once a week. Keep in mind that I live in a 5th wheel during school and only have to worry about laundry for myself. I have to keep up since I don't have the space. Also, my school schedule keeps me busy during the week. Saturdays are my laundry day.

When I was a SAHM, I did laundry everyday!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Too Much Laundry

I have a family of three and we each do 1-2 loads a week.

My kids have been doing their own laundry since the age of 8. I taught them how to sort, wash and fold their own laundry. I observed how they did it until I was comfortable that they weren't doing any damage. My husband also does his own laundry [and I am a stay at home].

No one should have so many clothes that it's overwhelming to do your own wash. If they do then it's time to pare down and make a drop at the Goodwill. 7 different, complete outfits that are interchangable are MORE than enough for each person.

Each person gets 1 towel a week and washes it themselves. 2 is the maximum.