Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 05-08-2002, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

A real time saver!

This is one of those suggestions that occurs through need and by accident. One which causes you to think, "Now, why didn't I think of that before?!"

I found myself in need of a really quick clean-up of a nasty looking kitchen floor which had not been swept in two days. My household broom was in use elsewhere and my vacuum and attachments are too cumbersome to drag out except on major cleaning ventures. I had less than 5 minutes to get that mess off the floor so I just grabbed my dh's shop vac (Craftsman 3.25 H.P), and I will probably never use anything else again!

It sucked up "stuff" right and left, including pulling out dust bunnies from under the stove and refrigerator. It was easier to use than anything else I had, and the job was done in such a quick time that I also had enough time to hit the bathroom floor. This machine is made to suck up about anything so no worries about it getting into something it can't handle.

It's easy to use, follows you around automatically, and is super easy to dump the dust and dirt contents when it needs it. I did attach an electrical extension cord so I don't have to keep changing electrical outlets as I moved through the kitchen, which is pretty good size.

I have since started using it on the front and back porch and deck areas with wonderful success, and the suction is so powerful I have yet to find something it can't handle.

I will admit it looks a bit silly using it in the house on floors but when you need a job done quickly (or just don't want to spend a lot of your valuable time pushing a broom), give it a try. I am a convert!!

Sandie
Old 05-13-2002, 02:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The shop-vac also works great on stairs!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lightbulb

my DHTB's shop-vac came in handy last week. We had the kitchen door open for a few hours, and were inundated by flies!
We waited till they all gathered @ the dining room window, and sucked them all up! took em outside, to the next lot, and emptied it......

Old 06-12-2002, 02:27 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I love our shopvac! I use it everywhere for heavy cleaning, and dog hair that simply won't come off the couches!