Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

time to pack away summer clothes

And pull out the winter ones. Normally I am still wearing shorts in Sept and Oct but it is chilly out! I really want and need to cut down on my clothes clutter. Anyone want to join me? Lets post our best tips and help each other out.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Connie, I know what you mean I have been doing that lately. Trying to sort through my kids, my husband's and the kids. I try to put away the clothes for Summer and bring out the fall clothes and get rid of excess clothes that don't fit or aren't worn. If they don't fit
I put them in bags/boxes as they don't fit and get rid of them. Also hang jackets/coats on coat hooks and coat racks and that way they don't take up space in the closet.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I am looking forward to packing the summer stuff away and getting ready for Fall.

We have at least another week of warm weather here. It has been getting pretty warm during the day but then cooling off at night. This means that I have to keep a some of each type of clothing out now.

I'm looking forward to reading the tips that everyone has though!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Nine Year Member

Oh how I envy you two. We can never pack away any thing seasonal bec in any one day the seasons could all 4 exhibit themselves. What we do is put the clothes we don't use very often (suits, gowns, etc) in the downstairs closet and the coats in a coat closet. Twice a year the dds go through their closet and weed out anything they really aren't going to wear (shrink, grown, stained, etc). That is the only way we get anywhere!

Socks are my nemesis. I should post a picture of my bed where right now I am trying to match them....we don't even bother putting them back in drawers anymore, the dds and I just keep them all in a big wicker basket out in the hall and we pick out what we want and toss the rest back each day. It doesn't help that the new pup thinks the singles are chew toys. So even if the mate shows up...

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."

Last edited by ellenmelon; 09-18-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know what you mean, I have to leave a few Summer things out just in case the weather is odd. Also I hate sorting socks, if I can't find he mate after a while it gets tossed. Also I try to put socks in the dressers, but they don't always make it, as the kids sometimes leave them laying folded in their rooms. Also my son gets to play sock match, I started that when he was young and it helped him learn colors too, as well as seeing similarities and differences in things too. It has been getting cooler here lately in the morning, but heats up some in the day, so I will leave out some warm weather clothes in the dressers and pack up the extra and keep the Fall and winter gear ready to go. Have a great day all.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My tip is to carefully inspect anything before you pack it away. Make sure it's clean, and isn't ripped or torn. Take care of that before you put it away.

I can't pack away anything yet...it's 84 degrees right now and my kids are in shorts! I usually put things away in early October. That means I have 2 weeks to learn from all YOUR tips!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

It is in 80's here today but tomorrow is SUPPOSE to be in high 60's but who knows. Steven has only worn shorts so far to school. But I imagine he will have jeans on tomorrow morning.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

It is cold here! This morning it was 45. Brrrr..... The high today was a cool 60. This is not normal weather for us. Going to be a cold winter, I think.

Socks, I have them under control right now. Down to one small tub of unmatched ones. But three out of four of us haven't been wearing socks. Guess that doesn't really count then.

I was so tired this afternoon I didn't get anything sorted out. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Nine Year Member

I was thinking the other day that I need to pull out the fall/winter 4T clothes for DD2 and wash them up. But it is still in the high 70's during the day and I can't seem to motivate myself to do that.

Roberta
Old 09-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Here in Florida, I never know when to pack and unpack because it could be cold in the middle winter but as hot as 95 degree.