Tightwad Gazette!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just checked the Complete Tightwad Gazette out of the library yesterday. I love it, and I am barely started!! I've heard so much about it, but have never seen it there before!! I have much too strive for, too be truely frugal! LOL
  • Aubry, Hi when I got the Gazette I couldn't put it down! My family all made fun of me but I didn't care. That book is what started me out on my quest to be FRUGAL. Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. I keep it as a reference and reread portions often.

Sue
  • I too just aquired my first copy of the Tightwad Gazette, I shopped around and finally bought a copy of the first book for less than $5.00 including shipping from half.com. I am also waiting for my copy of the third book. I have been using the book as more of a reference than reading cover to cover, but IT IS WONDERFUL! So many frugal ideas! I don't know if I'll ever be as frugal as I could be but the "bible of frugality" will help me to get a lot closer!
  • Glad you found the Tightwad Gazette!

I bought mine about 6 years ago and I remember feeling exactly like you are! I loved it!

I still refer to it all the time. Sometimes I forget something or just need encouragement to carry on with trying to be frugal. I really works to pick up my Complete Tightwad Gazette again. I feel recharged after only a few minutes of reading.

Happy Reading!

Jenna
  • Instead of me buying each Edition of the Tightwad Gazette I bought the Complete .....
    Instead of me buying each Edition of the Tightwad Gazette I bought the Complete Tightwad Gazette!!
    I absolutly love the book and I have gained bits and pieces that have helped my family and I out greatly!!
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Jenna
    Sometimes I forget something or just need encouragement to carry on with trying to be frugal. I really works to pick up my Complete Tightwad Gazette again. I feel recharged after only a few minutes of reading.

Happy Reading!

Jenna
    Me too! I am a huge fan! Many of the things my DM taught me, but there are many things I have learned. Just the attitude change in me is great!!!
  • Im just waiting for mine to get transfered to our library !
    Should be sometime next week. Im so excited !
  • I don't have a Tightwad Gazette book yet. My used bookstore has a couple but they are soooooo expensive it seems anti-Amy to buy them. I do have a collection of the newsletters from when I was on their mailing list long ago. I love getting them out and reading through them. One of these days I'll splurge on the books.
  • I have the three Tightwad Gazette books, and really and truly ought to make it a point to re-read them all. We're going thru a really tight time now...my hours have just been cut drastically at work, and Dearly Beloved's money is tied up in our vehicle right now, sigh. He does what he can, but even so, between the two of us, it's still not enough. So I need that boost of inspiration, lol...that challenge attitude, not the defeatist attitude I have right now. I bought the Complete book, also, but gave it to a friend for Christmas a couple years ago. Right now I"m almost finished with "Shelters of Stone," by Jean Aeull, so as soon as I finish that, I'm going to re-read the Gazettes. Thanks for the reminder about them, ladies!!
  • Love 'EM!!!
    I LOVE the Tightwad Gazette! I bought a friend the Complete Tightwad Gazette and it looked like it had everything in it that my 3 separate volumes had. So if I were in the market for them, I'd just buy the one.