Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-20-2002, 04:13 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Tightwad Gazette!!!!

I just checked the Complete Tightwad Gazette out of the library yesterday. I love it, and I am barely started!! I've heard so much about it, but have never seen it there before!! I have much too strive for, too be truely frugal! LOL
Old 06-20-2002, 04:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Aubry, Hi when I got the Gazette I couldn't put it down! My family all made fun of me but I didn't care. That book is what started me out on my quest to be FRUGAL. Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. I keep it as a reference and reread portions often.

Sue
Old 06-20-2002, 04:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I too just aquired my first copy of the Tightwad Gazette, I shopped around and finally bought a copy of the first book for less than $5.00 including shipping from half.com. I am also waiting for my copy of the third book. I have been using the book as more of a reference than reading cover to cover, but IT IS WONDERFUL! So many frugal ideas! I don't know if I'll ever be as frugal as I could be but the "bible of frugality" will help me to get a lot closer!
Old 06-20-2002, 08:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Glad you found the Tightwad Gazette!

I bought mine about 6 years ago and I remember feeling exactly like you are! I loved it!

I still refer to it all the time. Sometimes I forget something or just need encouragement to carry on with trying to be frugal. I really works to pick up my Complete Tightwad Gazette again. I feel recharged after only a few minutes of reading.

Happy Reading!

Jenna
Old 06-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Instead of me buying each Edition of the Tightwad Gazette I bought the Complete .....

Instead of me buying each Edition of the Tightwad Gazette I bought the Complete Tightwad Gazette!!
I absolutly love the book and I have gained bits and pieces that have helped my family and I out greatly!!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 06-20-2002, 02:14 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jenna
Sometimes I forget something or just need encouragement to carry on with trying to be frugal. I really works to pick up my Complete Tightwad Gazette again. I feel recharged after only a few minutes of reading.

Happy Reading!

Jenna
Me too! I am a huge fan! Many of the things my DM taught me, but there are many things I have learned. Just the attitude change in me is great!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Im just waiting for mine to get transfered to our library !
Should be sometime next week. Im so excited !
Old 06-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I don't have a Tightwad Gazette book yet. My used bookstore has a couple but they are soooooo expensive it seems anti-Amy to buy them. I do have a collection of the newsletters from when I was on their mailing list long ago. I love getting them out and reading through them. One of these days I'll splurge on the books.

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 06-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have the three Tightwad Gazette books, and really and truly ought to make it a point to re-read them all. We're going thru a really tight time now...my hours have just been cut drastically at work, and Dearly Beloved's money is tied up in our vehicle right now, sigh. He does what he can, but even so, between the two of us, it's still not enough. So I need that boost of inspiration, lol...that challenge attitude, not the defeatist attitude I have right now. I bought the Complete book, also, but gave it to a friend for Christmas a couple years ago. Right now I"m almost finished with "Shelters of Stone," by Jean Aeull, so as soon as I finish that, I'm going to re-read the Gazettes. Thanks for the reminder about them, ladies!!

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 06-22-2002, 05:07 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Love 'EM!!!

I LOVE the Tightwad Gazette! I bought a friend the Complete Tightwad Gazette and it looked like it had everything in it that my 3 separate volumes had. So if I were in the market for them, I'd just buy the one.