Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 07-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thumbs up Grocery tips

When writing out your grocery list, put a "C" next to
the item you have a coupon for, and you'll never forget
to use them.
Shop for items BEFORE you run out of them. If you run
out of an item you'll have to pay whatever the store
is charging that week.

Gloria

We all need to help save our planet before it's too late

Old 07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Great tip. I also find that if you put your grocery list on and your coupons in an old evelope you wil remember them better
Old 07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I keep an old envelop in my purse & put the list & coupons in it. It does help to make them easier to use & remember.

Gloria

Old 07-01-2008, 04:13 PM

Good evening all!!

I write my grocery list on an envelope, and put how many of each item I am buying beside it, and then, beside that, the number of coupons and the letter c.

My entry for example for Dawn would be:

Dawn - 4 - 4c, indicating that I want 4 and have 4 coupons.

That would only be on a week that Dawn was on sale (so it might be my list for CVS, as they usually have a sale on Dawn every few weeks).

And I start a new grocery list the minute I get in the door from the last grocery stop. That way, as soon as I notice I am low on something, I can put it on the list.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Some very good tips.I never thought to put a c by the ones I have to use with coupons with but some good ideas.
Mish
Old 07-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I like to "route" my grocery list according to the layout of the store. This way I can get in and out faster. The longer you spend in the store, the more impulse buying you do.

I keep my list on a scrap paper (the back of some junk mail or something) and then when I am ready to shop I rewrite it "in order," crossing off each item as I write it down.

I often use some free software that does this for me. It is for Palm Pilots or other PDAs and called HandyShopper. You can mark items you need in the "ALL" list (of every item you have ever listed) and then switch to a "NEED" list which you can sort by aisle or alphabetically. I then print my list from my computer and put it in my coupon box.

The coupons that I have prepared for the trip are held together by a clothespin and I have another one to clip my list to my shopping cart. But I bring all the coupons because my store is famous for having "unadvertised specials" and sometimes I can score free groceries when I combine those specials with coupons.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I keep an on going list for Aldi on the frig. I also plan my shopping by how the store is set up to avoid being there too long. I stock up when something is on sale that I use all the time so that I don't have to pay full price.

Gloria

Old 07-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb, I write my list out by the store layout as well. I also attach my coupons to the list according to store layout.

I do my grocery shopping at WM and since they ad match, I will also write the competitor's sale price on my list. Sometimes, the WM price is still lower.

Kathy
Old 07-03-2008, 06:13 AM
Nine Year Member

I use the back of a used envelope to make my list writing the quantity I want to purchase and also write a C next to it and put the coupon in the envelope. I do take all my coupons as the stores also have unadvertised specials or I might find something I have a coupon for in the clearance bins.

I also check the stores website for any online coupons to be added to my discount card or coupons to print off that I can use.

Roberta