Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-21-2002, 10:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Creative ideas needed :o)

My cousin had identical twin girls and she has been giving me all of their outgrown clothes...there has been tons of clothes..plus the baby bath tub, a medela breast pump (the electric one!) 6 or 7 boxes of nursing pads, about 3 or 4 huge packs of diapers! She also put together a basket of goodies when Juliane was born, plus bought the kids a video...and brought over dinner. We also went shopping the other day and she bought the kids some things at the Disney store.

She is well off, but I'm not..lol. What could I ever do to repay her that wouldn't cost a lot of money. It's because of her I have hardly had to buy a thing for Juliane. Any creative ideas? It doesn't have to be free, just not a lot of money? She usually is so creative helping people I would like to do something for her other than just a gift certificate.

TIA!
Old 05-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

What if you cooked something that she loves that is your specialty? Anyone would love to have someone call and say I'm bringing supper one eve. this week, when is good for you? Wouldn't it be wonderful to arrive home from soccer practice after a long day of work or errands and know you don't have to worry about supper? Just a thought......
Old 05-21-2002, 12:10 PM

And some homemade cookies or dessert. So few people bake these days; anything homemade is a real treat.
Old 05-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pinkie Winky

How about offering to babysit one night for her?...w/twins, she could probably use the break!
If you make/do any crafts, etc....I'm sure she would love to have something that you made just for her.
Maybe a small quilt made out of the clothes when your dd outgrows them?...

Old 05-23-2002, 08:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I think the quilt is a great idea. It doesn't have to be anything but blocks and tied if that's easier but it's something she will probably treasure. Any fabric store could give you intructions. Good luck.
Laura
Old 05-24-2002, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Some thing I learn long ago was that it is not the amount you spend that makes a difference in someone's life it is what you spend it on that truly makes a difference. I do a lot of little gift giving and one of my favorites it a basket (you can get nice ones at a local thrift store are they are priced very cheap) that you have decorated. They are very easy to do and very inexpensive. Some of the items I would suggest for inside the basket would be some nice bubble bath for her or even some homemade snacks (I have enven made blueberry or strawberry syrup to put into a basket along with cookies etc...) then I would also suggest something for her twins one thing that I have found that most people do not give as a gift is very inexpensive and can be found at walmart in the baby section. It is a timn that has clay in so that the parents can make a mold of the baby's hand or foot. I would be glad to help you anyway possible just let me know. You can email me at [email protected]
Old 05-24-2002, 02:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

a quilt if you do it out of the clothes.i made one out of my dd old baby clothes.it it put away for her when she has babies.if possible two of them.one for each of the twin,for when the grow up.and you cousin can treasure now.the quilt i made was just blocks sewn together.one of my first.it was hard to cut the first patch.but it got easier.i hope this hekp you
emmalee

Old 05-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lightbulb

Why not get a gift card from Blockbuster video,less than $5.00. You could also throw in a few movie snacks...popcorn, chocolate, pop.
Old 05-25-2002, 12:10 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: my family is currently stationed at the Little Rock Air Base in Arkansas
I was thinking, how about inviting her over one day for a meal, just you and her. One of the most precious gifts you can give someone is your time. Try some personal treats that she wouldn't fix for herself. Maybe some classy finger sandwiches and some special kind of dessert. :p Good luck with this!!
Old 05-26-2002, 04:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Gift for a friend

If you go with the quilt idea, you might want to try this. I made a quilt for my daughter out of old gymnastic T shirts. I also encluded a pillow with a picture on it of her. You could get a picture of your friend and or her children, scan it and run it on a Tshirt transfer. Then iron it on the pillow, or somewhere on the quilt.