Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > Tightwad Tips

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Exclamation You took the words right outta my mouth!!!

I just had to add in my vote: I TOTALLY AGREE.

I had the exact same reaction. The Swiffer, the acne pads, all of the above. Geez! How hard is it to throw a washcloth in with your laundry??
Old 05-17-2002, 01:28 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I totally agree with all of you. A disposable wash cloth? What were they thinking. If you are going to go that far where will they stop? How busy can a person be that they can't wash a 6 inch square of cloth with their bath towel? Or are those coming next. We need to learn how to recycle and reuse. Thankfully I had a mother who taught me how to reuse things. I wish that every person was taught to be frugal not because you have to be but because it is better for everyone.
Another thing that I don't understand is the bathroom-size plastic garbage bags. Why do they make these? They make enough bags at Walmart and other stores to supply the world. There should be no market for them if everyone reused their bags from shopping. I use paper on my food shopping trips and reuse it the next time to save on the bags.
Well my rant is over, thank you and I am glad to know that my reaction to the commercial was not the only one. The earth does have hope.
Cindy in OK
Old 05-17-2002, 01:47 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

I reuse the bags from the stores for trash too! I never seem to run out, I think that they mutiply overnight. For my trip to the grocery store I have six good size canvas bags, Each bag has a strap sewn in on either side for large bottles.

Laura
Old 05-18-2002, 11:37 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I had the same reaction. My husband and I had our mouths wide open. I think we should write them and let them know our feelings. Maybe they will pull it before too many people get comfortable with it.

Betsey
Old 05-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Re: the J&J disp. washclothes...I was thinking gosh I wonder how many people will rush out and buy those things....? You know the thing that I heard once that took the cake for me? I was watching Animal Planet not long ago (cold winter's eve...nothing on the tube) and it was talking about pound rescues. The man that runs the pound said it is so difficult at times not to be irrate when people bring in their pets to dump off. He said the worst time he ever had was when a woman brought in a 2 yr. old apricot poodle (which is what I have only she's 8 mo.s old) and said she's housebroken has no bad habits, is very well behaved, etc..... . So why was she dumping her? She didn't match her new furniture!!!!!!! OHMYGOSH. Can you imagine?
Old 05-19-2002, 05:21 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

WOW! That is SHALLOw! Poor puppy! I hope it found a good home!
Old 05-20-2002, 08:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

pound pets

That dog probably was adopted within days. Well behaved dogs, with ill-mannered owners usually get homes fast
My calico was from the shelter. I saw her parents bringing her and her sis in, while I was returning a lost dog.
These people had a sick relative in France, and couldn't take the cats w/them. The old man was crying his eyes out. They had a legitimate problem, and obviously loved their babies. I followed them in, and told the staff that i wanted them both. Kali's sister had an eye infection so bad that they couldn't save her.
Kali had the sniffles, and they allowed me to keep her till she was better, then adopt her.
Before i left the shelter, i gave the man my name and address, and insisted that he come to visit her when he got back. He's seen her twice since, and i broke the news to him about the other cat... He knows that Kali has a good home, and he is welcome anytime.
She is such a sweet soul, I'll never give her up.

Old 05-21-2002, 12:47 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

**sniff**sniff** You have a big heart! I'm sure that gentleman was very relieved to know that his babies were well taken care of!
Old 05-22-2002, 06:01 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Good for you for taking her home. I'm sure you're right about the poodle but still.....! I have a poodle baby that I've had since she was 6 wks old and I would DIE if something happened to her. She's like one of the kids and a consideration in everything we do. It's unconscionable to me to do something that shallow.:mad:
Old 05-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pinkie Winky My shelter sweetie...

I'm sorry for gettin' off track, but .....
Here's a pic of my sweetie..(Kali Coe)..She broke her tail last year, and lost it....but she's tough.
She looks like a rabbit now, and we call her "bunny-butt"...

Picture of my Kali Coe....