FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Thrifty Thursdays (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/thrifty-thursdays/)
-   -   Thrifty Thursday - March 5, 2009 (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/thrifty-thursdays/24954-thrifty-thursday-march-5-2009-a.html)

Amanda 03-05-2009 03:38 AM

Thrifty Thursday - March 5, 2009

1 Attachment(s)
This week's Thrifty Thursday has begun! Stop by Amanda's blog to see all the ideas, and don't forget to post your own here!

barbszy 03-05-2009 06:34 AM

Save those notice papers that the kids bring home from school! The blank side can be used in your printer for printing first drafts of homework, or recipes you want to try--or they can be used for children to draw or color on.

Sandy1970 03-23-2009 07:23 AM

Barb, I've been using the backs of my kids papers that they bring home to print out recipes I find on the computer for years. They've always laughed at me for it. Now I can tell them that I'm not the only one who does that. lol
It's a great idea. Saves $$$ on paper when I'll throw it away afterwards anyway.
Sandy1970

happymomof4 10-29-2009 02:53 AM

Our company is going Paperless. So I am bring home the binders that they will no longer be using. The kids and myself use alot of binders. I use them for my recipes and coupons, etc.

Mish 05-26-2011 11:24 AM

Thanks for some good ideas.I do re use the binders for the kids as alot of times they are hardely used up.

CalGalInFla 06-23-2011 07:51 AM

Thrifty Thursday Coupon Savings Info

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all -

One of our contest sponsors wanted me to share this with you. I hope you find this helpful!

Coupons.com is excited to share the attached image of summer must-haves valued at more than $80 that we bought for just $51.91 by using coupons! We hope this can help your readers learn how easy it is to save big while shopping for essentials they may need this summer – including toys and first aid supplies – by simply using coupons.

Additionally, our household savings expert, Jeannette Pavini, offers a few tips for your readers for the next visit to their local store:
· Coupons aren’t just for groceries! Visit Coupons.com for printable coupons and coupon codes for your favorite products. Keep an eye out for BOGO coupon options.
· Sign up for your local drug stores savings program to save even more - we saved $19.04 using a drug store savings card and earned points for even more savings on our next purchase.
· Visit your local drug store website regularly to stock up on coupons and deals – some sites even offer coupons and deals for customers who watch short videos on various topics and products.

Save big!

Jodi

Debwestbury 07-30-2011 03:02 PM

Save Money! Let Your Fingers Do The Walking....

If your appliance is not working, don't forget to
check your warranty first. Try calling the manu-
facturer if they have a toll free number. Have the
model number ready and explain the problem. Some-
times they will be able to tell you how to fix it
over the phone, saving you the cost of a repair
man coming to your home or it still may be under
warranty which will pay for the visit.

BONUS TIP:

Is it more frugal to repair or replace?

When your air conditioner blows warmer than your
furnace or your oven takes longer to heat up than
it does to bake a cake, the answers are clear...
it's time to repair it, or replace it. Ask your-
self the following questions....This will determine
whether you should repair or replace.

Age of the appliance

Overall satisfaction in the past

Cost of operating the appliance

Cost of repairs

Cost of replacement

How often the appliance is used

Debwestbury 07-30-2011 03:03 PM

You do not need a food dehydrator...

Don't spend a lot of money on a food dehydrator when
you can dehydrate food in your oven. Thinly slice the
fruits or vegetables, place onto cookie sheets or cake
racks and place into a 200-degree oven. Prop open the
oven door to maintain air circulation. Bake vegetables
from six to 16 hours, and fruits for 12 to 48 hours.

FamilyFun 08-04-2011 01:35 PM

Make your own hummingbird feeder food! It's just simple syrup with a bit of red food coloring (which I've heard is bad for the birds, so you can omit that or use a bit of jam to color the syrup).

2 parts sugar to 1 part warm water. Let the sugar dissolve in the water. Don't pay for feeder food!

jokir 08-04-2011 05:44 PM

That seems really heavy on the sugar to me. Do you have to use more in Oregon for some reason?