Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Thanksgiving Ahhhh, hot fresh turkey dinner! Mmmmmm. Share your thoughts!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Nine Year Member

Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes

The beauty of Thanksgiving leftovers is they taste great no matter what we do with them. Lets share our our recipes and enjoy the Day.

Leftover Thanksgiving fritters
1/2 cup cranberry sauce
1/2 cup tomato salsa
2 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup stuffing
1 cup chopped cooked vegetables
1 1/2 cup chopped turkey meat
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup minced onion
2 eggs
salt and pepper to to taste
1 teasp. smoked paprika
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tblsp. canola or veg. oil
Preheat oven to 200F.
In a small saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce and salsa. Mix well and bring to a simmer over low heat.
In a large bowl combine the mashed potatoes, stuffing, vegetables, turkey meat, parsley, onion, eggs, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix well. Place the breadcrumbs in a large, shallow bowl.
In a Large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. With lightly floured hands, form about 1/3 cup of the mashed potato mixture into a patty, then set it in the bowl of breadcrumbs, turning it to lightly coat both sides. One or two at a time, place the patties in the skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned. Transfer the fritters to a baking sheet and place into the oven to keep warm. Repeat with warm cranberry salsa. Serves 4 to 6
______
Sueanne

Old 11-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I don't really have a recipe for this but I take the leftover turkey, noodles and gravy, warm them up together in a pot, then pour them over a scoop of stuffing that has been warmed up. I have been known to dump my corn into my bowl, too, but my family thinks that is just gross. lol!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

If you have left over turkey,stuffing,mashed potato's,veggies and gravy...take the tin pie plate and divide everything between how many are in your family(one pie plate each)cover with tin foil and heat in the oven at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes...It tastes just like it was cooked that day...

Or take your left over turkey and gravy and put into a slow cooker...add cut up potato's (if you mashed them the day before use new potato's)add onions,carrots and celery and you can thicken it up with turkey gravy mix...and have a Turkey stew...
Old 11-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tami, I do the same thing with the bowls. I figure if it works for Kentucky Fried Chicken, it works for me! I always include corn, and cheese on top!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:06 PM

Tami, that sounds yummy, corn and all!
I like to take leftover turkey, veggies, potatoes, and gravy and make it into a potpie.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Turkey and Noodles

I don't use exact measurements for this recipe I eyeball everything. You will need turkey, cream of chicken soup, noodles ofyour choice, frozen peas, and some water. In a fry pan put the turkey, soup, water(enough to cook noodles). Cook until warm, then add peas, dish is finished when noodles are done and peas are tender. You can also substitute rice for noodles or brocooli or peas & carrots for peas.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Nine Year Member

If you don't use salt and pepper on your squash or sweet potatoes and they are left overs. You can puree in a blender and make pies with them. Such as Sweet potatoe pie. Squash pie made the same way as Pumpkin, but just use the squash instead of the pumpkin in your recipes. Or use in a cake or muffin recipe.

You can also take your Mash potatoes and mix with a couple of eggs and finely chopped leftover meats and fry patties in oil to make potatoe cakes for a quick meal. If the mix is too soft add a little flour to thicken before frying. Just add a vegetable or two for a side dish to go along with the cakes.