Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Teenagers So many parents of teens have said "just you wait!" But why? What are your thoughts on teens today?

Old 03-09-2002, 03:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Teenagers and driving

Hey Everybody. I just had to get this off my shoulders. It seems you teach your children everything about being driving safe, and then someone else causes an accident. My son was involved in an accident today on the way home from his soccer game. He was going through a green light, and a drunk driver ran his red light, and hit my son's car on the passenger side. Thank goodness there were no passengers in the car, because I don't know if they would be here now. His car spun around and ended up in the grass on the other side of the road. There were no cars coming the other way, or he probably would have been hit by them, also. He had already injured his knee in the soccer game and was on crutches already. He will be sore, but no serious injuries for either driver. They took the other driver to jail. It was one of many DUI offenses already. He was also 70 years old. There must be some way to keep people like that off the roads.
Well, thanks for listening.
Old 03-09-2002, 05:03 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh Debra! I'm so glad he's ok!
Old 03-09-2002, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Oh, my!

Debra, how scarey! I'm so glad he's okay.

I've heard of so many men over 70 that are drinking and causing accidents that result in death. I have to wonder if these men have a death wish themselves?

Kelly H.
Old 03-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Debra, I am so happy to hear that your son is alright. This is my worst nightmare! I worry about everyone driving but especially teens.

If only we could get the drunk drivers off the road for good!

Jenna
Old 06-04-2003, 06:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

just wondering......

Hey i'm glad your son is okay. I'm 14 now, but 7 years ago my brother(who was 10 at the time) was riding his bike to school and a guy who was drunk hit him while he was driving a road grader(I have no idea if thats how you spell it, but it's one of those things that flatten roads during construction), well anyway, Scott was rushed to St. Louis and all and eventually passed away from head injuries(helmets did no good). And back to my story, i'm going into high school in August and I want to be in S.A.D.D(students against drunk driving), I was just wondering if there were other programs you could join against drunk drivers, something not at school. It's okay if no one knows, thanks -Jamie
Old 08-18-2003, 03:29 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

monday aug. 12th, around 11:55 :(

Hey I was reading and found a post Jamie12189(my sis) put on here asking if anyone knew if there was anything you could join against drunk drivers, like a club/group, outside of school.....i'd like to know too. But I don't know what's around here. But anyway, on Monday night(the 12th of aug.) there was a really bad wreck a few miles from here and I don't know why but I wanted to share it. And i'm guessing not to many of you have been in central Illinois but it is like it other places too, where the roads are pure loose gravel. And every year I know about 10 or 15 people who flip cars that just go to my school(6th-12th grade) alone. I know a lot of the kids and I know how they drive the roads. Believe it or not they don't speed. It's just that many people slide and skid on them for no reason(even going 30 or so). But anyway, Monday there were 6 kids in a sports utility car and something happened and it made them flip and roll several times into a ditch and then into the corn field. The kids were about 13-16 and maybe 17, im unsure of that. Anyway, there was a 14 year old boy killed instantly. Which I found to be the worst thing but a couple days later found it got worse. Not only was the 14 year old killed, but the driver(16 or 17) is braid dead, and there was a 13 year old girl who can't move from her waist down cause she was stuck in the truck(along with the driver and the boy killed). But since it happened in the middle of no where, the 3 kids that could still move/walk went to a 90 some year old ladies house and called for help. But in the newspaper the lady described how the other girl was trying to keep a boy awake cause he was so covered in blood that he was almost ready to pass out and there was another guy with them too. But now the girl that went for help is in stable condition and the guy that was covered in blood is in critical condition. So I don't really know why I posted this I guess all in all It's just a reminder to be careful, even if your roads aren't crap like ours. And then my mom and someone else drove out to the road and she said it looked like they floored it and then spun out. To top it all off, there were beer cans/bottles all over. So I guess thats the middle of the accident but I don't know cause I know other people who have lost cars not even drinking and speeding. I don't know how many of you will think about this cause I don't know how old you all are but it's something for everyone to think about, even though it happend more often than we usually hear of. That's just what happen recently. thanks, Allyssia
Old 08-19-2003, 09:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

hey if anyone is interested...

Hey if anyone is interested in knowing more about the accident involving the 6 kids, i'll try and post more after I go back to school. I know the kid that was killed looks like someone I know and i'm 14 too so I know people at school will be talking about it. I could probably find out about the others hurt real bad. Cause I go to Franklin and they were all from Waverly and those two schools swap classes. So if anyone cares, i'll post an update on it all. Jamie Rest in peace Jacob Quintin Stanley Lyons November 3, 1988 - August 12, 2003