Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Teenagers

Teenagers So many parents of teens have said "just you wait!" But why? What are your thoughts on teens today?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

i cannot believe that happened

okay a few of you have read my recent posts about my teenagers.
I got my children into counceling. we had the intake meeting, and i guess she called them out of class and chatted with them for not very long.
well yesterday she called me and asked me to come in. So i go in there today and she hands me a parenting book. and asks if we might go through that. then she starts questioning me about how my kids feel i am treating them. she told me i need to give them choices and not have set rules, and i need to be more lenient. if you have read my last posts you would no, that i am trying really hard to see that they do have consequences for there behavior and they cannot get away with it anymore. it felt to me like i was having to defend myself for everything. the kids had told her all sorts of things, like i call my youngest son a mistake child. i have never ever done that. when i asked my daughter why she had told her that she said riley said you have. i said have you ever heard me say anything like that all... well no. then why did you tell her you did...i dont know.
my newest punishment is making them run up and down our hill about 50 yards. the kids told them that they have asthma and a heart murmur. and while yes riley did have a mild one 5 years ago, that they deemed not bad at all they do not treat it or even monitor it, no one has asthma, and i told her i would bring in their medical records. then i asked her " do you really think i would do something to my children if i thought it would hurt them...and she said " from what you have told me.. yes"...WHAT?
I asked the woman " do you think perhaps they are just telling you what they want you to hear not all that is going on? she said im just going by what they have said... yes that is what caused this whole problem in the first place.
i left bawling. i have had the cops called on me 4 different times, investigated and found NOT GUILTY all times, i take them to counceling to see if that will help , the last police officer i talked to told me to make sure i tell the councelor that britt can be very charming and munipulative before she is ever seen. i did that... and this is what it got me... for me to have to go into a room and try to prove all the stuff that was said is not true... again....
i really would love any guidance or help.. i just dont know what to do anymore.