Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Teenagers

Teenagers So many parents of teens have said "just you wait!" But why? What are your thoughts on teens today?

View Poll Results: Do you allow your teenagers (15 & up) total freedom to decide on their clothing...etc
they have total freedom to decide 5 17.86%
they can chose but I have the final say 21 75.00%
I still decide on those things 1 3.57%
another opinion..... 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

6 months on and I have succumbed to one t shirt with a slogan! Ds has a tshirt that says "Global Warming Killed Frosty!". His hais is still long, but is not growing very quickly.
Dd still has her own style and it is VERY modest. We went shopping at some outlets recently and she tried on 2 little sundresses, both were cute. She wears them both as tops over 3/4 denims!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Some of those little dress over longer pants lok nice Meg, I wish I was younger and that the style suited me, of course there are those that don't worry whether the style suits them or not LOL
I like that global warning saying not heard it before.

Yes ds1 hair is still long, his last hair cut was 1st week last nov, work told him to put it in apony tail and I think that looks worse LOL

Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My 16 year old received a shirt for christmas that was too small to go over his head. We took it back to Old Navy and exchanged it. Since there was a sale going on he picked up 2 Camaflouge long sleeved shirts. He added the extra cost out of his christmas money. And since the snow has been so deep and it's been really cold I was glad he picked long sleeves. And the camo is not really a new style as he's always liked the camo prints even in grade school.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Wow it's been so long since I've posted on this thread, from 2008 when my #1 son (now 25) had long hair he now keeps it short back and sides and hates length! I guess he got the long hair bit out of his system as did my youngest (now 20) who also went through a long hair stage and is now a clean short back and sides guy as well.

Their style of clothing has never been an issue though 1 likes to be a bit dressier than the other. They are both 6ft skinny dudes with 30inch waists in pants and have trouble finding smaller clothes as everything is geared for the larger guy.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Boy this thread is really old. My 16 year old turned 24 today and chooses what ever he wants to wear. The same goes for his 28 year old sister and they both still live at home and jobless.

Vicky