Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Over the summer I found a tall, skinny teacher's mug that we are going to fill with choc. covered pretzel rods. Then in a seperate container, Im going to fill it with pencils and stickers and a note saying that she can refill the mug with these when it's empty.

Id like to give him something personalized from him too.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

A cute idea I did with my 2 GD's last year (if you know whether or not the teacher has a dog) is buy a package of inexpensive dog biscuits (you can get boxes in Walmart for $1) Then you dip them in liquid polyeurethane or paint them with it, let dry 24 hours(yes this is hard when kids are waiting) LOL so I did that part beforehand. Get a couple of unfinished wooden frames(also inexpensive at Walmart or Ben Franklin) and hot glue the biscuits on the frame. We put little bows on one frame as we knew the teacher had a female puppy,named LOLA, and also put the dogs name in wooden letters.You can do the same thing for cats, with the little dry cat food, but with that its easier to glue the pieces on the frame first and then paint them with the polyeurethane,as they are so small. They had alot of fun making them and my DD had them make some more for friends too
Sandie
We all need a little tenderluvin BEAR!!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hey! That personalised photo frame idea is really cute sandieluvsbears! It shows how much you care!

My FC Member Awards!

Honorary Members
Old 11-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I like the picture frame idea too. I usually make my kids teacher Christmas ornaments or decorations. One time I did the teacher supply basket too. Different craft supplies is another thing that they use alot of.
Rosey
Old 11-05-2004, 04:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Picture frames

Just thought Id add something about the dog biscuit picture frames I posted on the previous page of this thread. I just found some more dog biscuits in Walmart A big box for only 1.17 and the biscuits are a light green, pink, and a bone color. Gonna make a few more frames with this color assortment, and add some tiny Xmas ornaments,because I still have about 6 wooden frames left. Actually I think Ill just get the biscuits glazed and next time my GD's are here they can do the frames. This keeps them entertained for hours. LOL

Sandie

We all need a little tenderluvin BEAR!!!!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Assistant Moderator

Since I've been subing for teachers I been looking around the rooms at things teachers has these days and things that they could use.
I've came up with some more items.

1) containers, some of different sizes, small for stickers, pens, erasers, paperclips, but they also use the larger ones for folders and depending on the subject the teacher is teaching what they might use these containers for

2) most teachers that I've sub for does have picture frames so this could be a good thing

3) different color ink pens, these teachers using different color of inks for grading purposes, or writting a note to a parent

4) if you like to make things on our computer how about labels with thier names on it

5) gift certifiant to go to a office depot to buy what they need
this way they can buy for themselves or for school supplies

6) mouse pad, or things for thier computer for most teachers has computers now
Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I used to give teachers flowers some years. Other things I've done are gift certificates to a book store, baked goods, or scented candles.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:25 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What about a Greeting Cake?? the teacher can use the empty cake container to store things in once she/he has eaten her cake baked and presented by her student.

[Edited by Assistant Administrator. Posting websites for advertisements is not allowed at FC. If you have any questions, please contact "ajrsmom". ]
Old 10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question a book?

have any of you ever tried a book as a teacher's gift? I'm reading a book on discipline by Marvin Marshall that was written for both teachers and parents. I'm finding it so helpful that I would love to make sure all of my children's teachers have a copy. has anyone done something like this? I'm a little worried about how it would be received so I would probably include a personal note to communicate that we are not suggesting that our teachers are not already doing a great job!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I dont see anything wrong with it Jenney,especially if you are including a note saying how much you got out of the book. I have a friend who teaches 3rd grade, and she is always either reading something on kids, or looking something up on the computer,and I know she has gotten books as gifts from some of her students. Im guessing she will really appreciate the gesture, and alot of teachers (my friend included) dont have the extra money to go out and buy all the books they would like. I think its nice you are even thinking of it, some parents dont even give or even acknowledge teachers.