Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 03-07-2015, 03:34 AM
Head Moderator

limiting amount of coupons accepted!

Anyone have a store starting to do this? One of the walmarts I go to now only accepts 3 of the same coupon for three items. I had six and bought six items (one for each coupon) and they refused over the first three(so I only purchased the three). Turned around and gave my DH the other three coupons and three products and they accepted it! Weird!

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 03-07-2015, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member

Target has a 4 like coupon policy. I didn't know this and was buying 9 bags of dog food which the cashier was really nice and told me their policy then said "So we will need to do 3 transactions".

Meijer had a 2 like coupon policy when they were still doubling coupons. Now their policy just says they have the right to limit the coupons with no amount given.

Kroger has posted a sign saying they can limit the number of coupons which a cashier has told me was 6 like coupons.

P&G has printed on their coupons you can only use 4 like coupons at a time.

Roberta
Old 03-07-2015, 09:59 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

ShopRite and ACME also have a 4 like coupon policy, although both will allow you to do more than one order.

My local grocery store has a 2 like coupon policy which is one reason I don't care to shop there.

Walmart had a policy that if the coupon usage was over $50, a supervisor had to be present to approve the sales, but I guess with extreme couponing, that has gone by the wayside.

Norma
Old 03-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

We never have any extreme couponing use in our area, for there are not a lot of coupons in our newspaper. Our newspaper here has only 10pages on a good day. lol

There are limits on returning pop cans/beer cans for deposit. $25.00 a day.
Our roadsides still have a lot of thrown cans out the window. I guess no one thinks, this is worth $.10cents.

I am still one of the crazy people that will pick up a penny in the parking lot. lol

Hugs, janet
Old 03-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Nine Year Member

My local paper has Red Plum coupons in the Saturday paper, P&G first Saturday of the month but was dropped from Smart Source 2 yrs ago so you have to get the big paper on Sunday to get all of them put out 30 miles away.

We save our aluminum cans instead of putting them in the recycles. I made $18 from the cans we had saved in 2014. There are people in town that go around pulling pop cans out of the recycle bins to turn in for their self.

Roberta
Old 03-09-2015, 02:32 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all!!

The tv show "Extreme Couponing" showed manufacturers and store owners across the country that it can be done. Mind you they don't mind selling large amounts, but their sense of "fair play" was that they put one coupon in there for one product, for one person, to get you hooked on the product. And it made manufacturers and store owners look like boobs when someone goes out of the store with that much of any one product. So they have started putting restrictions on coupon use.

Redplum started putting their ads in the ads that come to our homes Thurs, Fri, or Saturday. We only can get the Smartsource and P&G on Sundays. If you get a local paper on Sunday, the amount on the coupons is less than in bigger markets (Philadelphia and Newark), and there are usually less coupons in them, so it pays to buy a paper from a larger market. It costs anywhere from $.25-$.50 more per paper also, but well worth it in my opinion.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 03-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

JANET - I pick up change anywhere I find too.

We used to get Redplum my mail on Wednesdays. The mailman would then come back and leave me all the extra from empty houses in the neighborhood.
Now Redplum and all others only come in our Sunday paper. So only get one of each. I will not buy extra papers as that just cuts into any 'profit' that I might make from coupon savings.

I used to use a lot of coupons, but now very few. Spend more at Aldi now for cheaper items.
Used to get a lot of cat food coupons. Just saw the first ones in months. They are also less for less quantity.

The TV show ruined it for everyone in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Cheryl,

I used to love shopping Aldi's when we lived in Indiana. Miss the better weather there too, and the longer growing season.
We no longer garden,for the season is so short and the deer like to eat up everything, would be nice if they left us a mess of green beans.

Hugs janet
Old 03-11-2015, 02:37 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning all!!

Janet, pennies make dollars, so free ones in a parking are an important part of building financial freedom.

Cheryl, my theory on buying one paper is that I have to use enough coupons to cover the cost. One Sunday paper here costs $2. For all coupons I use above that I am saving money. I buy 4 papers so I can have the limit of like coupons that the stores will allow me to use in one transaction. Now that most of the coupons are cleaning supplies, or pet food, or health and beauty products, it is harder to justify buying 4 each week. But on weeks where there are free pantiliners, or the turkey bacon I eat will be $.67 a package, it makes a lot of sense to me. I look at buying 4 papers as an investment that reaps cost-cutting, in the present week, or in the weeks to come before the coupon expires. I don't count on the bags of coupons that I get from church, even though I should more, to give me my stock-up items. I totally count them as a bonus, not only for me, but for the other members of the Club here.

Norma
Old 03-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member

Kroger sells a 2pk of the Sunday paper for $3 instead of paying $2 ea which helps if you are buying the paper for the coupons. I've been happy with the digital coupons every store I shop at has to load to their card and printable coupons I've been using for the past 2 years.

The paper coupons my sister's friend passes on to us is bonus which helps for sales 2-3 weeks after the coupons come out. She cleans for several families and they give her their coupons which she passes on to us after clipping what she will use. I'm hoping when we get them there will be the $3 Bic razor coupons in them as I can take them to Walmart and get free razors that I will donate to the food pantry. They offer 1 razor (and any other personal care item donated) as an extra 1 free item not included in the 10 items they can pick from the stock.

Roberta