Stocking up with Income Tax

• Okay ladies, I got my income tax money back and I want to stock up for a while. Lately my stores haven't been having good sales. What is the best strategies for stocking up? I want to stock up on everything from paper plates to toilet paper.

Doris
  • The stores around here haven't been having very good sales either!

While I have no tips for you, I just wanted to tell you that I think this is a terrific idea!!
  • Thanks, I have been thinking about doing that for a while. I have a little extra money in and while I have what better time to stock up. I had to go to Sam's and buy soap. It is soo much cheaper there than anywhere else but basic stuff is so high everywhere else.

Doris
  • Hi!

I would stock up at Aldi's. A lot of times they'll even have some brand name items still for much cheaper than Kroger or your main grocery store in your area. Don't know if you have an Aldi or not near you but it's my salvation!!!

Lisa
  • No Aldi's. I have been shopping loss leaders and have been doing pretty good. So far I have stocked up on TP and Papertowels. I stocked up on canned good right before Thanksgiving when sales were really good. I am hoping before long there will be a great sale.

Doris
  • Hi Doris,

I think, if I couldn't find any great deals right now, I would save the money for a while until I did. I usually keep some "found" money in an envelope in my purse. When I find a great bargain, I use that money to stock up. Yesterday, I was able to get a two for one bargain on the detergent I use. I was wishing that the store would have allowed more than just two at that price!

Good luck!
    Jenna
  • Ladies,

I found a great deal on sugar at Kroger this week. They have a 4lb bag for .99, they also have the 5lb bags of flour for .99 as well.

Doris
  • I would also watch for sales like this week our Krogers has their coffee brand (smaller cans) for .97 cents each, no limit. I will buy every can of French Roast (usually they only have about 10-12 on the shelf)... I will then ask for a raincheck and use that when I run low buy out again. I did this a couple months back on both coffee and tuna that they had 3 for 97 cents, so you can stock up now and stock up again later. Of course it goes without saying, only stock up on items you will actually use.

Anna
  • I started stocking up a few years ago by setting a side $5.00 every week from my food budget for stock up items. I would watch the loss leaders that week and buy what was on sale. It made it even a sweeter deal if I had a coupon those were the first to be stocked up on. I love Wal-Greens. They have rebate items every month. Even if it's not something I can use if its free after rebate I'll buy it and donate it. I now have a free box in my closet and when my husbands brothers and sisters come to vist they check it out and take what they can use. What ever is left goes to the food bank or woman shelter. Another good thing about Wal-Greens is that you can use a coupon even on their rebate items. Sometimes this means not only getting it free but getting money back. I went in a while back when they had a sale on band aids. They were on sale for $1.50 with a rebate of a $1.00 makeing them 50 cents I had a $1.00 off coupon. I paid 50 cents and walked out with my band aids and mailed my receipt in and they sent me a dollar. I made 50 cents.
    Just a thought
    Houston-Mom