Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > > >

Old 02-21-2003, 08:24 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

FREE TRADE BOARD

That's a great idea Anna!! On some of the pen pal sites i belong to, we have swappers boards like that...kinda a wants boards...if you have something you want, or if you have things to get rid of, you can buy, sell or swap for it there...like a cyber yard sale lol...I hope one gets started too!!!!

Mom of 3 boys
Patrick, 14
Lucas, 12
Ethan, 5

Wife to
Scotty
Old 02-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

if you are going to stock up on slim fast for your daughter, make sure she uses it for a while before you really stock up on it. both my mother and my mother in law had problems digesting it. if gave my mom bad stomach aches and my mother in law ended up with kidney stones. not everyone reacts to it like that, but you would want to know before hand if she is going to have a problem with it than to find out in an emergency situation.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:17 AM

Free Trade and Slimfast

I hope one of the moderator's will see the request and talk to Amanda to see if there's enough interest in it. I've seen on some other sites where people got really upset because trades didn't go the way they should, promises broken, etc. and that might be the downside although everyone here seems very sensible and responsible but it just takes one bad one to ruin it for everyone. A free trade is the best I think since no one is investing anything and getting rid of something they no longer need. I have several items like that, the only bad thing is sometimes shipping cost can outweigh the value of the item.

Slimfast- I would agree that maybe you should try it first before buying alot of it. I've never had any problems with it nor has my husband but you never know.

Anna
Old 02-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna, I see the thought behind the swap thread and will approach Amanda about it. Off the top of my head though I see no reason why you couldn't just start one but will clear it with her.

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 02-24-2003, 02:11 PM

Thanks Jayne

You certainly are a good moderator to have seen that post so quickly, thank you for checking.... I wouldn't want to get in trouble for doing something not allowable. Thanks.
I'm off the boards till tommorow am, have a good evening.

Anna
Old 03-13-2003, 05:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Stocking Up

I must confess I am a stocker. I have a question. I dug down into my freezer and came across some beef that got shoved to the bottom. It has ice on it, and has been in there for about 9 months, maybe a year. Is it still safe to use? I HATE to throw food away, when so many people are going hungry. Has anyone ever gone ahead and cooked it? Please help. Cafe
Old 03-13-2003, 05:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I have done the same thing and went ahead to cook it --everything turned out fine. Im sure the "rules" say not to use it but as long as it hasnt turned any weird color, have freezer burn or anything like that, I would cook it. Im with you, I hate to waste food like that.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-13-2003, 05:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks so much for answering so quick. I am going to put it in the oven this morning. Will let you know how it turns out. If you don't hear back from me you will know, it DIDN"t. LOL Just kidding. We have to smile, and joke around, to keep ourselves happy in this messed up world!! Have a good day Cafe
Old 03-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I want to apologize for not getting back sooner! I sent the idea to Amanda and she is so swamped that she just saw it today. Apologies from us both!

Amanda has said to feel free to set something up with a swap board. If you are still interested and one of you ladies would like to coordinate it please let me know. We'll get it set up and running as quickly as possible now.

Any takers?

Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 03-24-2003, 08:26 AM

Free or low cost swapping

Jayne-

Let me think about it for a little bit this am and I'll pm you my thoughts on how I think would be a fair way to do this. Anyone else who has thoughts please let us know.

Anna