Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 09-24-2004, 08:41 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie
FamilyCorner Junkie

How about delivering food for "meals on wheels"?

Volunteer at the library - see if there is a story hour - read to toddlers?

You could take a nap? lol

Volunteer as a "candy stripper" sorts at the hospital?

Go to a park / zoo / museum and take up sketching / painting.

Clean up the side of the roads near your home.

Go to your mother in laws and vacuum her house.

Go to your mothers and do her dishes.

Come to my house and color with Vannessa!

Hope you enjoyed my suggestions, even if you did get a laugh!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

love the diversity

I love the diversity of this site. Some of us are bored to death and then some of us wish there were 34 hours in a day as we have so much to do.

Do you like movies? When I was on bedrest I had to get creative with what I did as I am used to being so stressed out going adn doing for everyone I was not used to sitting (luckily I didn't have to lay flat for 5 weeks)I watched alot of movies, I love to watch movies. I did some scrapbooking, crafts, sewing, and stamping cards (oh and sleeping)

I am sure you could find some stressed out mommies out there that could use a hand running errands, etc. I know if you lived by me I could keep you busy running to post office, cleaners, grocery store, etc. You know all those things we scramble to do once the work bell rings.

I would love to be home and don't think I would get bored BUT you know the grass is always greener on the other side, I guess. My house is so dirty and cluttered I could stay busy cleaning for a good year before I got bored!!

I agree with others in finding a hobby or home based business. Maybe hit up clearance sales and resell on Ebay. I hear that is addicting.

TX Chef Fran
Old 09-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Caronamy
Come to my house and color with Vannessa!

I'd do that every day if I lived close enough!!!!
Old 09-24-2004, 04:14 PM
FamilyCorner Senior Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well I go to my dad's to clean his house for him as my mom has passed. But, I only do that when he asks, I don't dare go over and do it any other time because then I offend him!

My mother-in-law lives in Virginia and yes, when I go, we do a thorough cleaning of her closets!! LOL I did that last time and told her I was sending other relatives up so they could "inspect" them! They did!!! LOL

I love my cross stitiching so I am looking forward to getting back into that. I have several Paula Vaughn patterns I am itching to get my hands into!

I have seriously thought of a home-based business, even discussed it with dh but I have no idea where to begin to even look into something like that or anything. I know that I could do it. We have seriously discussed this, it's just I haven't a clue where to go, who to go to, what to do, etc.

kellydid
Old 10-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I want to be a SAHM but am working full time right night and we have debt that we are slowly but surely paying off and it is scary to think of going to just one income. Anyone have any suggestions and/or ideas of what you think is best.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:18 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I guess I would have to agree that maybe you could volunteer somewhere. There is hospice or maybe volunteer at the school. I know sometimes when I get bored I get out of the house whether it be a drive or a trip to the library which by the way is a great place to waste time. lol So much to see and do there. I actually given the option from my husband to stay home and not work and I dediced that a home business would be in line since I always worked. So I opened a daycare. 3 yrs later I am looking for something that gives me more free time. But one thing good about it is it takes up time so you don't get bored and it fulfiils the need to have another baby if you get a baby to care for and you can still love them!!!! and get paid.

I am getting out of one home business that wasn't for me while the other one is internet based and I love that more. But the choice is really up to you and what you decide you want to do. I joined a womens bible study and I love it!. Plus I can take my kids. I know yours is older but mine are younger. I have 3 all under 6. Son just started K. and daughters are 3. The womens bible study has really fulfilled what I needed in my life for adult time, me time and getting out of the house along with the ability to learn which I now crave. God Bless you and your decisions.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Boy can I relate! I am also a SAHM with 2 children who are both now school aged. (8 & 6). Now that summer is here there will be lots to do to keep THEM from being bored. I get caught up in the mundane routines of cleaning the house, laundry etc. and then I do it all again the next day and the next.... I love to volunteer at my kids school during the year and I am also involved in some committees at church. I enjoy reading and I like to use the time the kids are in school to read and watch TV but even that gets boring. If I busy myself by giong shopping (I tell myself only to look) then I get tempted and buy things. I am slowly getting a home business started and I began selling Avon. It helps to kow that there are other women out there with some of the same feelings. I'm not sure I have any advice other than to keep on trying new and different things and if you can find some friends online to keep you froim being lonely and bored. I fyou want to e-mail me, feel free ([email protected])

nancyjconn