Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 12-27-2003, 05:45 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
I feel like I am following you on the boards every where I go you have one post above me. lol
Glad to hear you got some new things. Your right about the zippers my ds will do that, lately he is interested in that part of my body (I think because well pregancy does funny things to the body and he is noticing) I too have to be careful of what i am wearing all the sudden!
So what kind of shoes are you wearing? I have to admit since becoming an at home mommy, I wear tennis shoes and sandles in the summer, would love to get a cute pair of shoes just dont know what to wear with!
Leighann
Old 12-28-2003, 02:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I wear shoes all the time, always have. So I need my feet to be comfortable. Plus, I stand a lot in my job as Mommy! If I don't have my sneakers on, chances are I am wearing a pair of clogs or suede slip ons. I got them at Sears but they are made by Lands End. They are sturdy, very comfortable, and look nice.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:12 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

well to me iam comfortable wearing shorts and tank tops and when its so cold i just wear sweater and a capri pants
Old 01-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Shine, lucky you, to be where it's warm!!!! That must be great. No switching wardrobes by the season. I can never get warm enough in the wintertime.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:10 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I dont have a problem with clothes, My HAIR is my problem! Its just past my shoulders, straight as a board and cant do n e thing with it-except a pony tail. I suffered severe depression a few months after my youngest dd was born and I lost some hair. I have this spot in front on the side right be side my bangs, and the hair only grows to be long enough Not to be able to do n e thing with. I look like my kids have cut my hair! if n e one has n e tips or if you know a web site I can go to to get ideas for a new doo let me know! thanks!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:50 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kara,
If I were you I would splurge and go to a good reputable salon for a good hair cut and style. You could always do a few consults with them before actually letting them cut and style! I have also seen hair magazines at the library or you could buy a couple to get an idea of what you like. I just think a good hairdresser would problay know a style that would fit your needs.
BTW welcome to the boards, I am in northeast Ohio (Cleveland)
Leighann
Old 01-24-2004, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Kara - I agree with Lee. You could do a layered cut, they work with different kinds of hair. You could do a perm, but if your hair is having problems, I'd get advice from a good stylist first. There's an Aussie product that makes even straight hair look kinda of permed. It's like a hairspray and you scrunch your hair while you're spraying it on. It looks nice when it's done.

Carol

Old 01-24-2004, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I remember that spray! I think it's called Aussie Sprunch Spray. It works pretty well.

I have very short hair and am thinking of growing it, maybe to a chin length bob. Can't decide. I don't know if I could go through the year of Hair Hell it would take to get me out of this layered cut

And in other news I have discovered that chennille sweaters are wonderful, warm, comfortable, WASHABLE, no iron tops. I got a really cute one in WalMart today for $5! Might have to go pick up a couple more. It looks so much nicer than a sweat shirt but is just as comfy
Old 01-26-2004, 08:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Barbszy - yup, that's the stuff! Hey, that's great about the chenille sweaters! I might have to go check them out! It's nice to find something comfy that looks good! I remember a few years ago when I realized no one else was really wearing tshirts with big flowers on the stuff and things printed on them. I got rid of all mine and just got some plain kind of dressy t's to wear. It's so hard to find the right clothes that are comfy and fashionable when you're a stay at home mom!

Carol

Old 01-26-2004, 08:48 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
Thats cool what you found at Walmart and for 5.00 to boot! Cant beat that.
Regarding the hair, it does seem to take forever to grow out. I had the classic bob and I loved it, but wanted to try something different. I got it cut wayyyy to short! Decided the bob is what fits me plus its so easy to take care of. Its now back I could use a trim, but going to wait a little while longer. Be patient!
Leighann