Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 02-22-2002, 09:55 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Are you a SAHM?

I am a mom just like you. For years I have been looking for a stay at home job that I could do. How about you? I have found it! It is working out great! The kids are enjoying all the great things they too get to do now that I am at home. What are you doing at home?
http://www.themomteam.com/cgi-bin/
mom.cgi?id=kr171278&action=show
Old 02-23-2002, 09:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am a SAHM Mom also. I worked up untill the end of last year out of the home but now that hubby has a new job with changing hours I am home with the kids. I love it but sometimes it gets a little boring since my two are in school most of the day.
I would love to find something that I can do at home while they are at school but just have not found it yet.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

There are a variety of options available!

There are many homeless shelters that need help during the week.

You could write for your local paper, or for an Internet e-zine, or even a print magazine.

Many churches provide child care during Bible studies - you could volunteer to work in the nursery.

There are probably some things you could do at your children's school, or at the public library - they always need help.

The local nursing homes need volunteers to help residents get to and from the various activities, or you could just visit with someone who has no family.

You could join some MLM scheme and spend your day soliciting other people to "join" you, or you could spend your evenings demonstrating products, hoping someone will buy from you.

How about the local Humane Animal Welfare Society? They need volunteers to care for the animals.

You could also open an in-home day care.

What do you like to do, Carmella? That's the key to being successful: doing what you like to do.

Kelly H.
Old 02-23-2002, 10:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks, Good suggestions.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:44 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Excellent suggestions Kelly! There are a few great websites that I recommend as well when searching out your wahm nitch:

WAHM.com
http://www.wahm.com

Moms Network Exchange
http://www.momsnetwork.com

Bizy Moms
http://www.bizymoms.com

These three sites are excellent resources that can give all sorts of answers to those seeking at home businesses.

I cannot endorse any individual wahm businesses because I do not have first hand knowledge of them, but that's what the sites above are for. That's another reason why we don't allow advertising of at home businesses on this forum. :-)

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am a sahm but also a daycare provider. I needed to bring in income and daycare fit perfectly. I love the kids I care for and it gave me the chance to stay home with my own children or be here when they got home from school. I do find I need more than just working with children, though, so i do a lot of volunteer work that i call my "grown up time". this way i get to be with adults too!

~Mother Theresa

Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I started selling Avon 13 yrs ago when I was pregnant with dd1 as I wanted to be able to be home but knew I would need to help pay the bills. Avon has fit perfectly into my live and the kids are able to go with me when necessary.

Roberta