Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

New sahm

I had just started to be a sahm as things didnt work on my return to woek. I am loving it so much and glad to be here when the to dd get home from school. Love spending time with my son also. Now I am not missing and thing new he does.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi mommyof_3 nice to have you with us at FC. I was a stay at home mom when my kids were younger. Now I am back in the work force away from home, but was so glad I was able to spend the time I did at home with my kids. My oldest 3 dks are very close in age and paying for daycare would have probably ate up anything I was making working away from home.
I did do daycare in my home after my kids were a bit older. It helped bring in a little extra income and was good for my kids to have others to play with too.
I went back to work out of the home when number 4 went to kindergarten. that was about 12 years ago now, but I wouldn't have changed a thing during those years at home with my kids.
You will have to check through the threads as there a lot of sahms here at FC who will be happy to share.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks. It seems like I am really going to enjoy being on here thanks again.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Welcome to Family Corner!

I am a SAHM, too, and I love it! I have been lucky to find some work that I can do from home to bring in a little extra cash.

I'm not quite sure what the future holds once my DD starts school next year. I would like to continue to stay at home for at least a couple of more years so that I can volunteer at her school. I did a lot of that when my son was in kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. I would still like to do it with his classes but the teachers are not the same here, you have to be in the "click" to get called.

How old are your kids? Mine are 4 and 10

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Humble

I have a 15 yr old and almost 6 yr old girls and a 21 month old boy. I also have a step daughter that comes for one night on the weekends that is 12 yr old. I am thinking of going back to work when he is in school all day every day. but I don't want to rush it as he is my last one. Dh said no more lol. they all keep me very busy. The nice thing now is the oldest gets home around 2:30pm and the younger one at 3:45pm when she goes. It gives me time to see how each of their days went.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

it great to be home with the kids, or have a job that works around the kids hours.

My first set of kids I was blessed to be home.
Now I'm raising 2 gd's. I work but I do sub teaching and work around thier schedule, which is a big blessing. Most of the time I still get home before they do or about the time they do.

Alot of bonding can go on when you can be invovled with your kids.
Enjoy your time with them for they grow up so fast.