Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 11-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Domestic Friends, Stay at Home!Let's Chat

We all need a smile on our face! I started this thread to be able to chat with other friends from all over the world that stays at home.

SAH? What are you ladies?? more than a question mark???

Many of us stay at home, whether to raise children, medical reasons, disabled, kids, grandkids, to take care of elderly parents, craft business at home, etc.

Some of us are single, divorced, widow or retired. We love all types of crafts, cooking and shopping.

You must have patience to get thru all the housework, cooking, cleaning, keep hubby happy, kids, running kids to school activities, animals et. but some how we get thru the day with a big smile on our face.

I created this thread so we can all meet more friends from all over the world to be able to email, chat on instant messenger, mail letters to each other, phone, cell phone and maybe someday meet others in person.

Please do not type your email or home address here, just private message to each other on this board with that information.

Have a Nice Day!

Craftybear(Guardian Angel)
Karen from Indiana, USA
Birthday: November 15, 1956

Ok let's party

Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi! What a great thread to start! I've seen you on the boards but have never talked to you...so I will start with a small intro of me My name is Elaine and I am a 37 year old,married for 17 years and have a 12 yo daughter.I am a SAHM and I homeschool our daughter,which I really love We also recently,took in my MIL who has only 20% of her heart that works and had recent brain surgery among other health problems AND my BIL who has a bad heart and is mentally handicapped. I have a full plate daily and don't know who to talk to when I get frustrated.This thread hopefully will be very helpful to those who stay at home and need friends and people we can talk to. I love to talk and look forward to sharing with others and getting to know you Thanks for starting this thread and I look forward to talking to you Bring on the party!!

Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-22-2004, 05:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Morning,
I bet there are a lot of stay at home moms on family corner so this site should stay busy. I have been married for 22 years and have been (mostly) a stay at home wife and mom for that long. I have 3 kids, 17, 15, and 12. I am 45 and look forward to chatting with all of ya'll. Oh my hubby telecommutes so he is home all the time also but except for lunch I try to pretend he isn't here, most of the time anyway. What a great idea for a thread.

mouse
Old 11-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi! I am a SAHM, married 20 years, and homeschool our kids. I have a 19 y o ds who is still at home due to health problems, a 14 yo dd, who has health problems and a 10 y o ds. Both my dh and my oldest son are bi polar so things can get stressful her! My mother died a year ago and I am struggling to come to terms with her life. She was mentally ill and I am still searching for answers.

I love to sew, just learned how to crochet and other crafts. I am still learning one stroke painting too.....

Look forward to hearing from everyone!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Mousebyte and Bluebird It's nice to meet you I am looking forward to talking with you both and craftybear2001,too and others who join We can be an encouragement to one another and a daily(or hourly cause some of us can talk,lol) stress reliever..I love to chat,laugh,share stories and snailmail,too....so I am really looking forward to this thread Bluebird,I am sorry that you lost your mom and she was ill at the time,I know how hard it is to lose a parent...just lost my dad in June.I know the pain and frustration and can only imagine how it must be for you to cope with the mental illness part,too. I know your hands are full with the health problems and all,and I will be praying for you,and if you need to talk,we're here Mousebyte,your hands are full as well! I look forward to talking to you,too and getting to know you Talk to you all later tonight!

Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everyone, What a great thread to start. I had to quit my job in September because of back problems and my husband having cancer so it will be nice to come here and chat with you all. I am a 37 year old mom, of two boys 16 and 7. Three step-kids 28,26 and 19. I married a older man 53, whom i love dearly. I love to snailmail,round robins,scrapbooking,reading,camping and much more. I love my bears,candles and snowmen!! I have msn and yahoo if anyone wants to chat and always looking for new penpals to become friends with. I hope your all having a nice day the sun is out here in MI. hugs kim
Old 11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everybody. I too am a stay-at-home mom. I have been for the last 4 years. I have 3 children ages 22-20-16 (She will be 17 December 22). I homeschool my DD. Since my surgery I will be at home for quite a while longer.
Bluebird I am sorry to hear about your mom, I just lost my father in October. I know it is very hard. He and I were estranged until July so I feel better knowing bridges were mended.
I have just started scrapbooking and finding it fun but know I have alot to learn. Also reading, horses, old movies, collecting southwestern art(indians, cowboys, horses, desert landscape) photography.
I look forward to talking to everyone. Thankyou Craftybear2001 for thinking of this thread.
Hugs, Stormy
Old 11-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Tutterbear35 and Theirmom!

Hi Tutterbear35 and Theirmom...how are you? Tutterbear we are supposed to be penpalling...do you remember me? I am working on your letter and also in the midst of buying a house so it's taking a little longer than I wanted it to...please accept my apology It'll be there soon tho,promise,lol. We have a couple things in common,I see....I also love to scrapbook,love candles(what's your favorites?) and love snowmen How cool?? We have tons to talk about I am glad to see that you are here...we can all talk and get to know each other!

Theirmom,Hi! How are ya? I see you like scrapbooking,too! I find it frustrating,tho.I always want things to look "perfect" so it takes me 3 hours on 1 page! LOL My daughter has done 2 books and starting another one....geez,I feel dumb,lol. Perhaps,I will stop trying to be perfect and just be "me" I am looking forward to talking to you and getting to know you

Hugs!
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Elaine
I have a book I am working on and one page has now taken me 1 month My daughter wants nothing to do with the scrapbooking. She looks at me doing it and just shakes her head.
There is a little store down the road that sells the supplies and the ladies are giving me wonderful ideas. I say, be yourself and just love it. It is a way to express yourself. That is how I see mine and I really enjoy sharing what I have done.
I look forward to getting to know you also.
Have a great evening, Stormy
Old 11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Friend of the Family
FamilyCorner Newbie

[COLOR=royalblue][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=3]Hi there everyone, My name is Tina and I am a sahm for the past 6 years. I have 1 daughter & have been married for 7 yrs. Since I am at home alot, I make alot of crafts, and I love to cook. I am glad I found this thread, I can't wait to make new friends. I would like to have a penpal if anyone is interested. I like to write letters instead of email, I think it is more personal than typing. If anyone is interested you can email me at my regular email address, or just reply to this post. I hope everyone has a great Holiday, and don't get stuffed, remeber you still have Christmas to worry about, haha!

angelis