Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 12-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Elaine
I am so glad you had fun. It sounds so nice.
I have a lot of it done. My DD is so excited. Her birthday is Dec 22nd and it brings it all together for her. She likes having all the decorations up and the Christmas music going. I simmer cinnamon sticks on the stove and she just loves the smell. This is her favorite time of year.
I have been baking cookies and cleaning out cabinets in the kitchen. We are going to paint and redecorate the kitchen after the holidays (now I am excited).
Have a great evening everyone.
Hugs, Stormy
Old 12-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everybody!!!Ive neglected to post here and Im sorry, its one of those crazy weeks where there isnt enough time in the day, and
We did manage to get Xmas shopping done over the wk end, now all I have left are the things I am making, so I can relax and do that and finish my decorating. Kim, all my Xmas Boyds Bears are out and HAPPYY!!!!!
Elaine that must have been nice to get away alone, you really need that sometimes. You are on my Xmas card list too, LOL,I dont know how they divided the names up because if you want more names I guess you can request them

Theirmom, my DD's Bday is Dec 27,but when she was real young we did her Bday on Xmas day when everyone was around so she used to think that the Xmas lights and all the presents and festivities were all for her birthday!!!
have a good night all
sandie
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2004, 05:41 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

sandieluvsbears,
I want to wish your dd a Happy Birthday. My birthday is also on the 27th of December. It has always been celebrated on that day. My parents said it was seperate from Christmas so it was celebrated seperate.

Coll
Old 12-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Ill pass the BD wishes along Coll. My"baby" is now almost 28 with 2 babies of her own, my precious GD's,which makes me an old lady of 48!!!!One of my GD's was born on Valentines Day
the other on ST Patricks Day!!!!!Well gonna run out and do some errands, Ill post more later. Enjoy the day all.

Smiles Sandie
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Sandie,
That is cute. Jessica thought all the presents under the tree were for her one year and opened them all. Her brother's were not very happy. We started having her birthday party a couple weeks before the 22nd so there would be a difference between the 2 holidays. She will be 17 this year. My how time flies. She is my "baby" and I am not ready to see her turning into the lady she is. Oh well. LOL
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Stormy
Old 12-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi everybody Just passin thru on my way to bed,lol,and thought I'd say "Good night". Hope you all had a great Thursday and will have a terrific Friday So,sleep well and I'll talk to you all tomorrow

Hugs,
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 12-03-2004, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good Morning Ladies!!! Its snowing out here just enough to make it messy but not enough to amount to anything.
Stormy I know all too well about how you feel about your "baby" growing into a woman. My dd is 28 and a mom herself, but when she was that age it was hard especially since she is an only child. When she married and moved into their house I felt like a part of me was gone and I was happy for her but so sad at the same time, they grow so fast. The consolation is to see my beautiful GD's and know we raised DD well enough to make her the great mom, and person she is today.
Tonight is our neighborhood Xmas gathering, there are 12 couples this yr. we are #3 what happens is couple #1 goes to #2's house and has appetizers,etc.,then 1& 2 go off to #3 and continues to #12 where we all end up.Everyone also brings a pot luck dish too.Great way to get to know neighbors you dont see often.have a good wkend all

Smiles Sandie
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi all. I had to add to the holiday birthdays. My youngest dd's bd is Dec. 28th and I always take her out to lunch [even when she was small] and we go shopping. You can imagine how much stuff she can get at the after Christmas sales. I makes her bd feel special, which is really hard when it falls at the holidays. She will be 20 this yr.

My oldest ds's bd is on the 4th of July. He has a big bd party.

Last edited by graceygrammy; 12-03-2004 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Gracegrammy, thats what I did with my dd's Dec 27th Bday some of the time too, even now that she is married, and its a special time with the two of us not to mention as you said the SALES!! also gives her time away from the kids,which in itself is a "present to her, LOL!.

Smiles Sandie

We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi, everyone.

My name is Melly, I am a SAHM of 3. I have been home for 14 years, I can't believe how fast the time has passed. My children's ages are 13(son), 11(daughter) and 3(son).

I'm trying to get better organized and have more peace in my home. I'm doing it slowly and trying not to get discouraged. Some days are better than others. I hoping that getting some advice from others will me.