Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 11-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome Amy

Just wanted to pop in and wish all a Great thanksgiving!!!Those that are driving please drive safe,DH just got home and said the traffic is starting to get heavy!Gotta run and finish up some last min things for tomorrow.

Smiles Sandie
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hello Amy and nice to meet you!! Homeschooling wow..That is alot of work. Do you have to follow some kind of rules where you live?? I hope all my new friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving and stay safe. We are getting six inches of snow ouch!!! But my Christmas lights will look good. maybe we could start a recipir round robin. Where say i would put 10 of my recipies in a envie and send them to the nest person on the list they would take out what they wanted and replace them with as many as they take out. Then they send them with the next. hugs kim
Old 11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the welcome, ladies!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and yes drive safe! Silly me went to the grocery store tonight to get milk, bread and my free turkey, I had to park way at the end of the parking lot, luckily I only had to get a few things and could go through the 10 items or less lane! Also got to leave one kid with dh, of course I took the more difficult one, but he was happy to sit in the big part of the cart and play with the ice on the turkey!! LOL!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!

Old 11-24-2004, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello and welcome Amy! Hello everyone else,too WOw,I miss one afternoon of not reading posts and fall behind,lol. Hope you are all doing well and getting ready for tomorrow.I want to wish you all a great and happy Thanksgiving.If anyone is driving,please be careful...many of us are getting snow so be extra careful if that's the case in your area. Talk to you all,soon!!

Hugs!
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi tutterbear35 and apldumplin! tutterbear35, as for homeschooling, right now we just play games and draw pictures, Zack's starting to learn to write his letters, we listen to music and dance, they have lots of educational songs now! There aren't any regulations right now in Jersey, although it is being talked about :-(

Hmm, I was thinking that the recipe round robin is a great idea, but I was thinking we could just copy the recipies that we want then put them back in the envie and send them with new recipies, but then the people in the beginning of the round robin wouldn't get as many... maybe we could just start to post some here or start a new thread... that way we can copy and paste them into word docs. and have all the recipies that are contributed. What do ya think?

Well gotta get some sleep, will be a long day tomorrow!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!

Old 11-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a great and safe day. I am exhausted and happy. It turned out perfectly.
Hugs, Stormy
Old 11-26-2004, 04:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning Stormy,

Glad to hear that you had a great TG,we did too.Now,we've gotta prepare for Christmas DO you decorate right away or wait awhile? We're buying a house so we'll probably wait and see if we decorate there or here....hope to know in a week or so I hate to move in the wintertime but it's much better than renting,lol.

Hope you have a great weekend! Hubby and I are going away so I will catch up with you and everyone else Sunday or Monday.Bubye for now

Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning all, Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, ours turned out great and everyone was stuffed !!DD and I were at the Mall at 5:30 this morning to get Xmas shopping started,she doesnt get to get out much with out the kids so it was fun and I actually got alot bought,althought the crowds were heavy even at that early hour!
Kim the recipe round robin sounds like a fun idea. Also please pm me the minute you get the cards in the mail, Im worried now,you should have gotten them I would have thought by now I mailed the package out last Wed.
Probably will pull out the Xmas things this weekend, all my Xmas bears are dying to get out of their boxes, LOL.

Sandie

We all need a little tenderluvin BEAR!!
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Elaine,
I am glad to hear you also had a good Thanksgiving.
We start right away. I love getting right into the spirit.
We bought our house last year. I understand hating to move. I was excited about the new house but was dreading the boxes and the hauling of all the stuff. We moved in July of last year and we are still unpacking some of our things. It is so hard to figure out where we want things and where things should go.
I am so excited for you, I was so happy when we could finally own our own house
Enjoy your get away. I look forward to talking to you when you get back.

Sandie you and your DD were brave to go out shopping. I was a big chicken and stayed home I never go out the day after Thanksgiving, not even for a carton of milk. LOL. I am glad you had fun and she was able to go out without the kida for a little while.
Have a great day all and for the ones brave enough to go out today, Be Safe.
Hugs, Stormy
Old 12-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello everyone! How is your week going so far? Mine has been busy as usual,but having a good week.Had to take MIL to 2 different doctor appointments and take my daughter to the dr. too.She is on meds for stress headaches and for a staph infection,so we're hoping and praying that the meds work.

Had a great weekend at the B&B.It was out in the middle of nowhere,in the Daniel Boone Forrest! It was soooo beautiful,quiet and romantic It had 2 fireplaces so we were nice and toasty,lol.We took a long hike thru the woods and enjoyed the cows,chickens and farm dogs and cats.It was so nice to get away for a couple of days with just Jim...really relaxed us. I was also able to go to a craft show and get some christmas gifts bought I got some things for my new kitchen,too!

Hope each of you are doing well.It's awfully quiet in here,we need to liven up,lol

Hi Stormy! How's the Christmas decorating coming along? I'll bet it looks beautiful! Hugs to you!

Hi Kim! How are you? Hope you're doing well.How's Michigan? Cold and snowy? Are you decorating for Christmas yet? Hugs to you,too!

Sandie,I see you are on my Christmas card list! Can't wait to get it mailed off to you! Hope you are doing well!! Hugs!

Well,I should scoot off here for now.Everyone take care and start yakking! LOL We are just tooooooo quiet!

Hugs to all!!
Elaine

David's wife Elaine