Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 11-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Friend of the Family
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi apldumplin

I love to collect recipes as well, you should see my collection I have printed off the internet! It's huge! Plus all the ones I have saved on the computer. I love all that southern food too, It's really all I cook most of the time. I don't do fancy stuff either.

My daughter is 6 yrs old. She is also in those trying times, always seems to get herself in trouble, but doesn't really care. There isn't a punishment we haven't tried on her, and nothing has worked yet. We just remember the saying, This too shall pass, lol! I hope it does soon!

Well it will be great to get to know you and all the others that post here. O' how wonderful it is to be able to lay your struggles and frustrations, joys, and happy times out on the table for everyones feedback, it's so refreshing and helps take a little stress off my shoulders.

Thanks everyone

Tina aka angelis
Old 11-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

HI Everyone!

I just kind of stumbled upon this thread! Wow Karen this is the 3rd thread you have started that i have joined, I love the teddybear thread!! I know some of you ladies and some I dont know. Im 48 (BD is 9-23-56) Im married and the gramma to 2 beautiful GD's by my 28 yr old DD. I quit my job as a pharmacy tech a while back to help out my DD who is going to nursing school and working at a drs office and also working pt time as a visitng nurse, I babysit my 2 GD's for her alot so she doesnt have to pay a sitter or daycare which costs alot for 2 kids.I collect Teddy bears, I do all kinds of crafts, I also scrapbook, although I havent been doing much lately.
We are having my parents over for Thanksgiving and my dd and SIL, and 2 GD's and my DB, and SIL, and whomever else pops in!!
Ive been baking all day today, DD is coming over tomorrow to help with the rest of the things.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.Have a good ThanksgivingALL.
Sandie

We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!!

Dont forget to feed the bIRDS they are hungry too!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Someday I want to learn to scrapbook. I have lots of the stuff...... just no time right now.

Our TG meal is the tipical one. But I tried a new recipe over the wk that I love. The rest of my family didn't.

Checkerboard Potatoes

3, 8 ox sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
3 large red potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 salted butter ( I didn't use that much)
cinnamon to taste

Preheat oven to 375. In a 9 x 13 pan, alternate the sweet potatoes and the white in layers. Pour over the cream. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover with foil and bake. I think I baked mine about an hour.

If your family hates it, make a small pan in the microwave for five minutes on high.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Afternoon everyone,
We are growing fast, how wonderful
welcome angelis!!! I love collecting recipes also. It is so fun. I need to make a book out of them one day. That may be fun also.
We are staying at home with my oldest DS and my DD, my DH mother and cousin are coming over to share Thanksgiving with us. It will be nice that way. My children like it better when we spend the holidays at home.
Coll I am new to the scrapbooking to and I went online for ideas and asked at a local scrapbooking store for some ideas. They were more than willing to help. Plus you end up buying a few things too so they want to help, LOL It is so great to see you here.
Elaine how are you today? We are good. Just getting some things done this afternoon. My DH watches me cut the pictures and then says, "We have copies of those, right?" I just smile. I told him before I always get double prints. He is so silly. You are right "Men, they just don't get it." But we love them
LOL
Boy I take a little time to sleep and do chores and I fell way back on the conversations. If I missed anything please forgive.
Hugs to all, Stormy
Old 11-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

For all of you that are new to scrapbooking check out this site
www.hgtv.com they have alot of ideas and how tos, etc. Just click on scrapbook center when you get the site.

Sandie

We all need a little tenderluvin BEAR!!!

Last edited by sandieluvsbears; 11-23-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you for the link. I can use all the help I can get
Stormy
Old 11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Theirmom, here is another link for scrapbooking you may like this one better, I go to this one alot.

www.scrapbooking.about.com

Sandie

We all need a little tenderluvin BEAR!!
Old 11-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you and they have a whole section on Disney
Next month our little store is getting in Mickey scrapbooks and I can not wait to get one. I think it will be fun to do one when I get more experience.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi all! What a great thread! I just found it on the forum newsletter! Hopefully I will be able to keep up on the posts with two little ones! My name is Amy and I will be 29 in January and have been married for 6 1/2 yrs. I have two boys, now 4 and 2. I've been a SAHM since my first was born, although have worked some here and there while dh was out of work. I am starting to homeschool my older son, although I guess I'm hsing my younger also, just by doing daily things and including him. I love to scrapbook! I started a couple of months before my first son was born. It's great to hear that a bunch of you ladies are either already scrapbooking or wanting to start! By the way I started with an idea book called 'Baby Scrapbooks', by Memory Makers that I got at the bookstore! I've never taken a class, although I'd love to! Also there is a Scrapbooking show on DIY that I watch when I can, I used to all the time! I also 'crop' with other ladies sometimes (used to be more often, too!) One of my friends has a little store and has crops a couple of times a month. It's hard for me to make it as much as I'd like to with the kids and all, but next March? my MIL will be moving back to Jersey from Florida and I know that she will be able to help me out! My mom works a lot and doesn't have the time or energy to watch them at night for me, which is totally understandable.
We will be going to my mom's for Thanksgiving as we have been for years. I had planned to make a dinner here too, so that we could have some great leftovers, but I don't think I will this year, still not sure! But have to decide very soon!!! LOL!
I would love to hear some recipies that you ladies make! I seem to be in a rut with dinners and end up making something fast, usually something premade (not by me LOL!)... and I'd really like to start making more healthy 'comfort' foods and putting my crockpot to good use, make it worth the cabinet space!! LOL!
Well, I think I've written enough for tonight and have to get some sleep since the kiddos have been getting up much too early lately!

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!

Old 11-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

It is nice to meet you Amy and welcome to the group.
Have a happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Hugs, Stormy