Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Stay At Home Parents

Stay At Home Parents Chat here with other moms (and dads) about children and any other topics that are of interest to you!

Old 11-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky Hi Everyone

Yippee, this thread is getting busy, how cool.

I just love meeting new friends from all over the world. I am 48 years old and stay at home now due to a health problem.

I love to make all types of crafts (painting, sewing, quilting, magnets etc.)

I have fun creating yahoo groups and msn groups so I can stay in contact with my friends from all over the world.

Have a nice day!

Craftybear
(Karen)
Birthday: November 15, 1956
Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky plans for Thanksgiving?

I was just wondering what everyone is going to do for Thanksgiving?

Let's share some of our favorite recipes for Thanksgiving here.

As far as I know now my husband and I will just stay home.

Craftybear (Karen)
Guardian Angel is my angel nickname as I love to collect postcards. This is a fun way to travel the world.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning Stormy

Your daughter sounds a lot like my husband,lol,when it comes to scrapping. He said that if I like to do it,it's fine by him BUT he thinks it's a "waste of pictures" to cut them up,lol. Men,they just don't get it! LOL It is time consuming but hey,we all have to have some sort of creative outlet

I love your quote/saying at the end of your posts! SO very true!! Hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-23-2004, 06:30 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Hi, thought I'd join in.
I'm Coll, short for Colleen. I am a SAHM. Our girls are 22, 7 and 2, our son is 17. I have found that there is a big difference between things when my oldest was a baby and when my youngest was a baby. The youngest has definitely been the hardest to raise. Maybe it is because there are 20 years between them.
Been married for 22 years.
I love to write and receive letters, do plastic canvas, and have bought supplies for scrapbooking but haven't a clue how to get started. One of these days if I ever get some free time I will sit down and sort through some of the many many pictures I have laying around.
Looking forward to this thread.
Oh, for thanksgiving we are having dinner with my parents.
No special recipes here. I do think we make our stuffing different though.
Coll
Old 11-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Tina,

It's nice to meet you I love to cook,too! SInce I am a southern gal,I love good southern food,comfort types of food and love my crockpots,too! Desserts are always a good thing as well,lol. I just don't get into the more fancy type of foods and such.WHat are your favorites to cook? I also collect recipes and cookbooks so that gives me tons of options to choose from

How old is your daughter? My daughter is 12,she's growing up wayyyyyy to fast!! I miss those baby days but she's still a joy everyday...just a little more trying at times,lol.

Look forward to getting to know you! Have a good day!

Hugs,
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-23-2004, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Coll! Good to see you here! How've you been? Things here are hectic,as usual. We're looking forward to TG,tho. Then Friday and Sat. Jim and I are going away for the weekend! We are so excited,it's for our Anniversary that was in Aug.

For Thanksgiving I am cooking,as usual.It'll just be me,Jim,Darla,MIL and BIL so that won't be bad I don't make anything fancy,just the usual TG meal. It's just wonderful to spend time together and play games and sleep in! LOL

Take care and hope to talk to you again,soon!

Hugs,
Elaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Elaine, I hope you and dh have a wonderful time this weekend.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:57 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Elaine,
Where are you and DH going for the weekend?
My husband and I were just talking about going away somewhere but right now we can't afford it.
I said thats okay, even if we just go to the mall by ourselves for once I'll be happy. I love my kids, but I need a day away. Actually I'd settle for an hour.

Coll
P.S. have a great getaway.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Graceygrammy

Thank you so much for the weekend well wishes...we are so excited! We don't get away together,alone,often so we are really looking forward to it

Also,it's nice to meet you...hope to get to know you

Hugs,
ELaine

David's wife Elaine

Old 11-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Coll,

Hubby and I are going to SE Kentucky to Cumberland falls....at a bed and breakfast It's a rustic cottage in the mountains and The Daniel Boone National Forrest We really can't afford it either since we are getting ready to buy a house,but for sanity reasons we need a couple days away. I recently received a wonderful gift from my hubby.....a massage and a night away,alone,at a B&B...and I am sold on them! He pampered me with that gift because of all that I've been thru in the last 5 months....I lost my dad(the most wonderful man,outside of my husband...and one of my very best friends!),then my MIL had emergency brain surgery 1 week later so I had to stay and take care of her for 3 weeks(dad's death and her surgery were all in Mi.),I took care of my mentally handicapped BIL(who now also lives with us) all while missing my husband who was at home,7 hours away.I didn't have time to grieve or anything for my dad,and it was rough. That was all in June/July....then MIL and BIL moved in with us Oct. 23 and it's been a roller coaster ride ever since MIL wants her way or no way....and that is hard to take....I homeschool and MIL interrupts making it so hard to do schoolwork.....we've had a few "discussions" with her over things and it goes in one ear and out the other...and the list goes on. SO,I finally had enough and had been crying and hubby was so understanding and sent me to the B&B He is just so sweet and it meant the world to me! So,that is just a little reason why we are going away for the weekend....besides,it's always nice to get away for a little while

I fully understand about you wanting to be alone with your husband.Even tho I am Darla's mom,I am his wife first.The best thing I can do for Darla is to love her daddy and take care of him,too. Even tho we love our kids that doesn't mean we don't need time away so don't feel guilty or anything.If we are stressed,guess what? It affects everyone else,too! So,try and sneak away,even to the mall..share a dessert,hug,kiss and remember why you fell in love with him it will do WONDERS for you and him,too! Another thing I do,take time for a hot bubble bath.....it won't make things better,but it'll make you more relaxed Make plans to get away soon...and let me know so I can pray for you to have a wonderful time!!

Hugs,
ELaine

David's wife Elaine