Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

States See who visits from your state!

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello poarch gang

Too cold here to sit on the poarch, how about the fireplace. Have been quiet for a while, found me a part time job, only 4 hours a day beats sitting at home with dh:p

I have had some wonderful things happen to me lately, found two of my classmates that have been looking for a long time. 50years. These computers are wonderful tools thats all you need and a lot of patience.

Hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Season. Hope all my children make it home for Christmas.

In Jan. I plan to start to school, have always wanted to get my GED have decided to go for it. After I get it I will try to further my education. Either in Computer or Hortuculture. I am a flower plant nut.

Really enjoy reading all the posts. Mary
Old 01-01-2004, 05:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

More New Year's Wishes!

Received this in my Chef-2-Chef newsletter, and thought it was perfect for the Fora to which I subscribe:

Recipe for a Happy New Year

Take twelve whole months. Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate, and jealousy.

Make them just as fresh and clean as possible. Now cut each month into twenty-eight, thirty, or thirty-one different parts, but don't make up the whole batch at once.

Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients. Mix well into each day one part of faith, one part of patience, one part of courage, and one part of work.

Add to each day one part of hope, faithfulness, generosity, and kindness. Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation, and one good deed.

Season the whole with a dash of good spirits, a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play, and a cup full of good humor.

Pour all of this into a vessel of love. Cook thoroughly over radiant joy, garnish with a smile, and serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheerfulness.

You're bound to have a Happy New Year!

Author Unknown

Cheerio!
Elizabeth
Old 01-01-2004, 09:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey, ladies, Happy New Year to each and everyone of us here!!!! Did any of you do anything special last night...Watch Service at church...party with friends...fireworks? We didn't do anything...I came home from work and collapsed, E. went to the WH after midnight and didn't come home until almost 4, by which time I was in bed and asleep. Today we need to go to the grocery store, and I'm supposed to go for coffee with my IRL friend, Pam, to the WH. Then for dinner I'm going to fix black-eyed peas and rice, pork chops, greens, and probably biscuits.

Martie, maybe now that the holidays are over...thank goodness...you can slow down and relax a little. I'd love to have some of your get-up-and-go...can you email me some, please?

Doris, thanks for the nice New Year's wishes. I hope the same things for you...a wonderful, wonderful 2004. 2003 wasn't all that bad, nothing great, either, so I'm going to work really hard at making 2004 a fantastic year.

Elizabeth, I'm sorry you had the allergy attack, but I'm glad you're feeling better now. That turkey you described sounds awfully good, and it's totally different than any I've ever had, also. Sounds like y'all will have a wonderful Christmas. That was a beautiful passage you posted for us, thank you.

Well, I hope everyone is safe and sound, and starting to relax from the holidays. My tree, etc., is still up, but I think we'll start taking things down this Sunday, after the dgk's are here for their Christmas Saturday. I think I'm going to call the mom, and see if she'll bring dessert and drinks, and I'll do a spaghetti dinner...haven't done spaghetti in a long, long time. I love it, but it makes me swell up quite a bit...acid from the tomatoes in the sauce, I suppose.

God bless.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown
Old 01-03-2004, 07:42 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Everyone sure is being real quiet. I'm looking forward to getting back to some semblance (is that really a word?) of normalcy around here this week. Of course, the girls start back to Spanish and Sandi to Karate on Monday. Makes it seem really busy even though it's not.

Also starting this week and through the end of May or middle of June, I'll be meeting Natalie at 3:30 or 4:00 to work out since she actually begins her student teaching on Monday. I've really enjoyed going at 9:00 and getting my day started but I'll do fine meeting at 4:00 as well. Did I tell ya'll I won a $50 gift certificate to Longhorn? WOOHOO! Terry and I are planning a double date with some good friends but I'm not sure when yet since he spent the entire 2 weeks he was home being sick. What a cruddy vacation! LOL!

Well, it's time for bed but I've spent some time catching up on e-mails and such and thought I'd check in here again and see if maybe I just didn't get a message that ya'll were posting.

Have a great Sunday!!
Old 01-03-2004, 07:49 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

My Before Picture

This was in August of 2003.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2004, 07:53 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

After...

being windblown on the way home from the beautician on 12/18.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2004, 07:56 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Eeyore Blanket

Here's the blanket I made for Natalie's Birthday!
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2004, 07:57 PM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Groupie

Okay - NOW I'm off to bed and it's still not quite 11:00! LOL!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

Martie, I love the new haircut. It looks great! Congrats on the Longhorn gift certificate.

We spent Christmas in Missouri at my parents. I love getting together with my family, but it sure is nice to be back home. 1 week with 12 people (7 adults 5 kids) in one home plays havoc on ones nerves.

New Years was very quiet here. We rented some movies and stayed home. After last week, I needed the quiet time.

Today we packed up the Christmas decorations. The holidays are finally over.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good morning, ladies, hope everyone is doing well, and as glad to get back to *normal* lives as I am. The holidays turned out to be very nice, but I'm still glad they're over. Tomorrow I go back to work after four wonderful days off...I haven't worked since last year, lol!! I whined and complained so much Wednesday that my boss kindly arranged for me to be off...my choice, tho...Friday, and I took the opportunity for a four-day mini-vacation.

Martie, I love your hair, and I love the Eeyore blanket...good job on both counts. As far as I know, yes, semblance is a real word, lol. And my life is going back to some semblance of normal, too.
BTW, was that the FlyLady *More Time for Moms* calendar I saw in your picture? Do you have any of her stuff? I'd like to have the book, the duster and timer, and I *think* I'd like to have her control journal, altho I really doubt I'd use it.

Navywife, I don't see how you coped with being in one house with 12 people for a whole week, bless your heart. I would be a blithering idiot by now, I think. We still haven't taken our Christmas stuff down yet. I'm going to use the FlyLady *babysteps* way of taking it down, just like I did putting it up. So it'll take me several days to do it, but, it'll get done, and I won't hurt my back, etc., or get stressed out doing it.

Anybody know if Mouse has made it home yet? School starts back tomorrow, so I'm assuming they should be hom today, if not already.

We finally started cleaning off the carport yesterday, and it looks somewhat better, but still sort of like the city dump. E. simply will NOT throw anything away..."We might need it some day," even if it's been out there for over a year now. I threw some stuff away yesterday, and darned if he didn't pull it out of the dumpster, sigh. FlyLady's Super Fling Boogie is on right now, but our dumpster is so full, I can't really do anything else until it gets emptied on Wednesday. Due to the holidays, ours didn't get emptied for a tad over two weeks...there was trash on the ground, literally. It finally got emptied Friday, and someone very kindly picked up the majority of the stuff on the ground, and now it's overflowing again, sigh. I'm very grateful to whoever picked it up, tho, as I went out yesterday AM planning to at least start picking it up, even tho none of it was ours.

We did salvage a huge piece of plywood, tho, and it will be used to make my craft worktable in the bedroom...eventually, lol. Y'all know how slow I am about getting stuff done, right? E. has to cut it in half for me, and I'd like to paint/seal it, too. Then I have to move/empty a couple gazillion milk crates...yikes. It's going to be a major project, and will most likely take us a couple months to get it all done. Then I have to hang a floor-to-ceiling black curtain between it and the bed, so that I can have a light on and work in there after E. has gone to bed at night.

Guess that's it for now. As usual, things have been pretty quiet and serene around here. We'll go pick up my paycheck this afternoon, and then I plan on doing a pretty major grocery shopping...we've been living off canned spaghetti/beef-a-roni/ravioli for the past few days, and I"m getting tired of it, and so is my stomach, lol. My own fault, tho...I've had money to go to the grocery store, and just plain haven't wanted to.

Hope every one has a Super Sunday. God bless.

"If your life seems to be all tangled up, stop struggling...sit still...God will untie the knots." __author unknown

Closed Thread