Charter Day

• Does anyone from PA know about the Charter Day? I know that on Sunday March 9. You can visit The Ephrata Cloister and Landis Valley Museum for free!!! Does anyone know of other historical places that can be visited for free on this day? I believe the Railraod museum is also free.

last year we visited the Ephrata Cloister, this year we are visiting Landis Valley, I would like to visit one more this year but am not sure what else participates in this. I am looking for ideas for next year also!!!!

The only reason I know about this is because I hosted a Girl Scout troop last year!!

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Most of the searches I do, do not bring up very many results.

Karen
  • I am from Pennsylvania but I have never heard of Charter Day. Surprised I have not heard about it through Girl Scouts cause we are always looking for inexpensive things to do with the scouts and free is even better.
  • Just bumping this up!!

PA charter day is March 12 this year. Here is a link to one of the sites I found that has a little information to links for more information for Charter day.

http://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/herita...a=629&q=512340
  • Do you think Pa Homeschooler's site might have info?
  • Try also www.eckleyminers.org
  • Hope this site helps.
    www.phmc.state.pa.us/heritageweek.asp
    Sueanne
  • Wish I was homeschooling again! That site reminds me of how great it is to have time to see these things versus all day and all night taken up with public school stuff....