members

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • how come nobody visits this forum often....Where's all the viginia moms??? lakshmi.
  • Hey, another Va mom here. I enjoy this message board but Im not good yet with navigation- or spelling for that matter!LOL
    Just looking around on here for Christmas gift ideas that are cheap. High on love this year but low on funds
    Any ideas that are different? Ive done the Bread machine loaves and the cookie in a jar but this year thinking of making goodie baskets with easy recipes that are tasty and thrifty.
    Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.
    God bless
    Lisa

[email protected]
  • Virginia Mom here
    I'm a Virginia Mom. I live about 45 minutes north of Roanoke. I shop in Roanoke all the time. Love the mountains. I lived near Richmond (Hopewell) for 5 years. Back home in the hills with the rest of the family. Didn't know this board was here. Now I do so I'll keep check to hear from other Virginia Moms.
  • Not far from Roanoke Either!
    Hi Katjean,
    Nice to meet you. I live just a few minutes from Roanoke.
    Enjoy it very much. I too, love the mountains. Have you
    noticed them lately, since the snow? They are just breath
    Taking! Ive recently started taking pictures and having them put on a disk so that I can turn the pictures into my wallpaper for my puter.
    Well, Just wanted to welcome you and wish you a Merry Christmas.
    Lisa
  • Happy christmas to all of u VA moms
  • Virginia Mountains
    Just got my computer back. My son took it to school to do some up date on it. I've been in computer withdraws to for two days. LOL
    The mountains are really pretty with the snow. I thought the trees were really beautiful this fall. I have a friend that lives in Botetourt County. To get to her house I have to travel over Roaring Run mountain.The mountains were worth the trip everytime I went.
    Kathie
  • Hello other Virginia Moms!
    Hello, I too am a Virginia Mom and Grandma! I have 4 children, only one at home still;-) My daughters are 28, 21, and 20 and my son at home is 8. I am 46, yes I made a late start with my last blessing... We live in south central Va, near Bugg's Island Lake. I love it here as we are close enough to shopping and theatres, but not right up on top of everyone!! I enjoy my arm space My son is in the 3rd grade and we spend a lot of quality time together. I am a stay at home mom and love every second of it. I would love hearing from any other Va moms(or anywhere for that matter!!)

Love
  • I'm a VA mom, too. I'm in Roanoke and looking for acreage in
    Floyd (toward Christiansburg). It's very cool to find this thread.
    I'll feel llike you guys are surrounding me. lol
  • Howdy Neighbors
    Nice to meet everyone. Hope your New Year is Happy and Healthy. Anybody have a New Years resolution? Mine is to make better lifestyle choices. Trying to cut down on fats and sugar in my diet. (its that sugar one that is so hard!) Also trying to stay away from so many carbs. Im on day 4 and so far so good. Gonna try to substitute this mindless snacking with my scrapbooking hobby and with reading my Bible. Gonna try doing the Bible in a year thing. I have done it before, but then it was just to say I had read it. Now, Im gonna get something out of it! Which is why He wrote it, Im sure
    Well, hope to hear about your resolutions. Everyone have a wonderfully blustery day. Its quite chilly here this evening, maybe time to run out and jump into the hot tub (run out and jump being the operative phrase here!
    Look forward to hearing from you guys.
  • WELCOME LISSCO
    ;-) Nice to meet you! I do have several new years resolutions myself... My main one, which has also been the same one for the last 20 yrs. is to lose weight I had a mini stroke in July of 2001 and am a bit over 30 lbs lighter than at that time. I guess some is better than none at all when it comes to losing... To reach my goal I need to lose about 37 lbs. That doesn't sound like a lot but it is so very hard for me!!! I read somewhere on the web about the one year bible reading). I wouldn't mind trying to accomplish that myself. I do love to read and have gotten out my children's bible's (which are geared for younger readers) but never read all the way through. On the program for reading the bible in a year, they jump around- don't they? Not just page by page... It is pretty cold here today. My husband and son hunted all day yesterday and today I need to wash up all of the hunting clothes for next season up! Have a great new year!